User

Default Vortex Crossfire II 1-4 vs Bushnell AR Oprics 1-4

Hi guys.

Just looking for some opinions.

Now that I have decided to go the 300blk route on my new AR in a short barrel config (and it has been ordered). I'm looking at options on optics.

I currently shoot DMG, and maybe some NSA Targets here and there, with some med dist (300m max ATM).

My current go to AR is my M&P Sport 16" barrel, I will be replacing the barrel (once the new AR is here and licensed) with an 18" with rifle length gas system. It currently has a 2moa Holosun Red Dot which I'm more than happy with for all the DMG shoots I've done as I've rarely shot past 50m, but even out to 200m I can get decent hits if I do my part.

So the question that comes in is I'm looking at getting an "entry level" 1-4 optic and the Bushnell (in both Illuminated and .223 BDC, come up that paired against the Vortex Crossfire II 1-4.

The reason I'm looking at an entry level optic more than anything is I'm unsure if it's the correct way to go for my application. I will be buying a new optic either a red dot for the 300blk, or a 1-4 for the M&P and the Red Dot will go to the 300blk.

So that all said, what say the congregation that is Gunsite?

User

Default Re: Vortex Crossfire II 1-4 vs Bushnell AR Oprics 1-4

Strike Eagle 1-6 is a great option for the price

Pay the bit extra and get a 1-6 optic.

Or even look at going 1-8

User

I agree.
    I've got the Crossfire II 1-4, I like it and it does the job but I'm looking to upgrade to a 1-6.

User

How much more does the extra 2 power help? As I said I mostly shoot DMG, and not IPSC or 3GN sort of stuff. In all the comps I've shot the longest to date was around 80m or so, I do know that in recent times at the DMG Nationals they shot out to 180m.

I don't really plan on moving to any other disciplines anytime soon.

User

I've mounted many many Crossfires for customers. The eye box on them is the most critical of any scope I've ever encountered.