User

Default Re: AIWB -WTF am I doing wrong.

Mmmm hard to tell from the pics
    The only other thing I would suggest is check if belt not too stiff
    There are some googlable pics about how over stiff belts nit great for aiwb

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk

User

I've got the below for sale if you're looking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    I should have mentioned it. I carry the most prolific self defense handgun available. G19.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post

I think give the VG2 a chance again if you find it.
    Is it possible to source locally? “Most” of the options Iv explored, has to be done via an international purchase.

Not that I know of, sorry man.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

@Beast - please let us know how you get on with your recent AIWB holster you bought from S3renity...

User

It's been a while since I stuffed so many things down the front of my pants, the good old days. Looking at other men's crotches still makes me uncomfortable.

Thanks to SLR and HadEnuf. Hope you had a good peek at my undies this morning

Stephen also brought along a AIWB holster that he is working on. That looks very promising.

Only now do I realize that the chameleon holster form QC is ALSO their AIWB holster. Clearly I need whole short words.

Part of what made the search so difficult is that many of the local web searches for AIWB or Appendix carry does not give the desired results.

Now to really start testing. I have accepted that this may well be a trail and error process to find the perfect fit.

User

Today was my first day carrying AIWB, but I spent a huge amount of time trying out different holsters - walking, jogging,bending over and generally looking like a bit of a nutter in the shop. I finally chose a Reaper Custom IWB with a 15degree clip angle that is usually for strong side carry. This goes against most AIWB norms that emphasise a 0 degree angle. But I found getting the barrel to run at and angle than perpendicular to my waist was much more comfortable and moved the spur of the pistol away from my gut. I'm carrying a P-07.

Point is, though, that for my body type this holster works really well. Smaller than many, strong clip, rounded edges and the angle mean I can bend from the waist without too much discomfort. So I reckon experimentation not just with different holsters but different clip angles may help. Of course you then have to really practice that draw...

User

I've edited my Daniels holster by adding a claw from quantum carry, it fits onto the holster well and makes a huge difference, maybe try this before getting an entirely new set-up?

Ive been carrying a Sig P320 compact.

Hope this might help!

User

To add on to my previous post in the thread. I have now survived my first two days of aiwb carry. I have no idea what brand the holster is, borrowing it from a friend who also cant remember the name, will post a pic now.

Day 1 went fairly well. I felt more comfortable with the gun in front of me, a lot less tucking on my shirt after bending over or moving around. The biggest discomfort I had, was on the barrel tip side of things, really digging in to me. This morning, I taped it up and padded it with a pair of socks, just to try again, made a huge difference. Will play around with some foam wedges, which I am sure will do the trick. Will keep at it for the next few days, but I am pretty sure this will become my new preffered carry position. Spending some time each night on dry fire draw practise, and with par times set on timer, I can already manage a consistently faster draw and click than from my usual 3:30 iwb carry. I think overall the most important thing with aiwb carry, is experimentation to find what works for you.

As someone who has just recently decided to give this AIWB idea another chance, I'll add my tiny pearl of hard won wisdom. Don't use an Ulticlip with an CR Speed and be suprised about primting issues.

I agree with the approach of find what works for you. I'm also running a slight cant since it just fits me better.... my spare tyre isn't low profile
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast