Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Blue Wildebeest Fillet - Mariade

A little lemon juice helps take out the wild and natural tenderiser, with olive oil, garlic, black pepper and salt. Braai like any steak medium rare don't over cook it will dry out

User

If you must remove some "wild" taste:

Make a mixture of:

Plain Greek joghurt + ina paarman FRUITY meat marinade + bay leaves and whole peppercorns + a dash of meat tenderizer

Put it all into large zip lock bag and leave in the fridge for two days ( turning morning and night )...

Then what I do is discard, rinse residue off meat and marinade again on the day of cooking with a natural sweet wine ( Rose etc ), olive oil, garlic cloves, and a bit of soy sauce....

When cooking use your favourite genEric braai spice Liberally - not much needed after all the marinade ! And yes like everyone else says make sure you don't overcook it !

The above has stood me in good stead before even with fussy "non-venison" eaters.....

PS. Do keep yourself some unadulterated fillet to enjoy with nothing more than and olive oil and black pepper rub before tossing briefly on the coals !

Enjoy

User

My wife finds blesbok to wild for her taste. So what she does is sprinkle a little Rikcoffee on the meat and rubs the coffee in. That tames the wild taste. Me I enjoy the wild taste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2