Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Hijack at fuel station

It doesn't always end well but if you stay calm you can get away alive. I once withdrew eighty K and drove to my office. I notice another vehicle being let in under the boom by the security but immediately dismiss him in my mind as I search for a parking. I take my money and run up the stairs into the building. While I'm waiting for the lift to come down four BG'S run in whilst pulling balaclavas over their heads. Me? I laugh thinking that this must be an office prank. Until there are three guns pointed at my head and another covers the reception security. Yep, stayed calm and that's why I was alive to watch them drive off in my Merc and my eighty K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Hijack at fuel station

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Im not sure whats more impressive, the fact that you got away or the fact that you swiped your card, waited for payment, signed the paper, waited for card , all that good stuff and only then making a getaway. The same for the minibus doos, he stood there and waited like a good little kid, waiting for his turn.

But great that you could get away from that situation! Job well done!
    If his hand had started to move or he came forward I would have driven immediately, irrespective of nozzle, cards, payment etc. With hindsight I think that he lost the initiative when he was potentially made and was hoping for a break in focus to take the initiative and that easy gap never materialised. Maybe he was just a beginner.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFW View Post
    Situational awareness. Several years ago i had to fill up in Midrand (New street) around 23h00, driving wife's new BMW. I am in car and nobody else on the forecourt, attendant filling tank, minibus pulls in at speed and stops randomly about 15m behind me (not lekker- I'm watching carefully) sliding door opens and dude jumps out with right hand under jersey and moves toward back of BMW. My arse draws in a big bite of seat. Slide 9mm from under my leg and keep it low, the attendant sees this and there is a sharp exchange. Dude stays behind car, hand under shirt, I don't take my eyes off him in the mirror once, I start the car with left hand and put it into gear. Nozzle is still in car, but car is in gear and running, attendant finishes filling, collects card, dude stays where he is about 7m behind car and we eyeball each other in the rearview. I sign left handed without taking eyes off him and as I hand back I nail it off the forecourt. The dude runs back and jumps into the minibus and we both run two lights at speed before I lose him. I imagine he was waiting for a moments gap, when I bent down or took my eyes off him or looked for something. I think I was very very lucky, still makes my blood run cold.
    Hardcore! Very kind of the attendant to give the BG a good ol' heads up there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Im not sure whats more impressive, the fact that you got away or the fact that you swiped your card, waited for payment, signed the paper, waited for card , all that good stuff and only then making a getaway. The same for the minibus doos, he stood there and waited like a good little kid, waiting for his turn.

But great that you could get away from that situation! Job well done!
    Guess the crims were really determined to get that car and were simply waiting for an advantage.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFW View Post
    If his hand had started to move or he came forward I would have driven immediately, irrespective of nozzle, cards, payment etc. With hindsight I think that he lost the initiative when he was potentially made and was hoping for a break in focus to take the initiative and that easy gap never materialised. Maybe he was just a beginner.
    Did it appear as though the attendant may have been working with them or was he simply looking out for himself when he alerted the BG to the presence of your gun?

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Did it appear as though the attendant may have been working with them or was he simply looking out for himself when he alerted the BG to the presence of your gun?
    It seemed to me like he didn't want chaos on his forecourt. More neutral maybe but I could not call it either way. Without his distraction the BG may just have pressed home his attack so it probably worked in my favour. So many "what ifs".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nashtims. View Post
    It doesn't always end well but if you stay calm you can get away alive. I once withdrew eighty K and drove to my office. I notice another vehicle being let in under the boom by the security but immediately dismiss him in my mind as I search for a parking. I take my money and run up the stairs into the building. While I'm waiting for the lift to come down four BG'S run in whilst pulling balaclavas over their heads. Me? I laugh thinking that this must be an office prank. Until there are three guns pointed at my head and another covers the reception security. Yep, stayed calm and that's why I was alive to watch them drive off in my Merc and my eighty K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

play those kind of pranks in our offices and its going to end badly!!

well done on staying calm though must have been a terrible situation

User

I see no reason why you cant rev both of them.

They are armed and attack is ongoing.

Their backs were turned to the victim but they werent fleeing.

No reason why he just couldnt turn around and shoot the victim.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    I see no reason why you cant rev both of them.

They are armed and attack is ongoing.

Their backs were turned to the victim but they werent fleeing.

No reason why he just couldnt turn around and shoot the victim.
    Could be argued that at the time the BG's had their backs to the victim the victim could have made his escape.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    play those kind of pranks in our offices and its going to end badly!!

well done on staying calm though must have been a terrible situation
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
    I can only imagine someone pulling this 'prank' off and getting shot / stabbed / panelbeated and then the shit storm that hits everyone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast