Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    User

Question Winchester 1300 Side Saddle / Ammo carrier?

Hi everyone

Looking for some assistance please. My license for my Winny 1300 has been approved, and I'm looking to get her HD ready. I'm looking at doing a few small mods which I'll cover in later threads, but at the moment I'm looking for a side saddle for my 1300. I've looked at Mesa tac, Tac Star, etc, and I'm not all that too fond of them, so I've been looking at the removable ammo carriers like the ones made by Esstac (https://www.esstac.com/product-page/6rnd-shotgun-card)

Is there anyone currently running one like this at the moment, and also, has anyone seen any locally made ones around?

Thanks a mil

Marshy

User

Default Re: Winchester 1300 Side Saddle / Ammo carrier?

I had a Velcro mounted side saddle on my 1300. It worked fine for about 100 shots.
    Then I had failures to extract that I could not fix on the range.
    After a full strip, clean, inspect and looking at the action I lubed and assembled. Suddenly it cycled fine and fed and extracted everything.
    Next range session same problem after 10 shots. Big WTF moment. After looking the process through found that the saddle inched forward under recoil and eventually prevented the fore end from going fully back.

Get something that is screwed to the frame

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Get something that is screwed to the frame
    Like punch a hole through the receiver 'wall' ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Like punch a hole through the receiver 'wall' ?
    No, like get longer pins and fix it to the receiver

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    No, like get longer pins and fix it to the receiver
    I'm really curious here, the shotty has that pin holding the trigger assembly in n all' so when you say pins? and how do they actually keep the plastic thing ( saddle ) against the metal thing? ( receiver )

All my brain will allow is rivets, which require a hole in both plastic thing and metal thing. ( which is why i ain't attacked this project myself. I <3 my shotty. )

I probably should youtube how to do it prior giving you grief, but while on the subject . . .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    I'm really curious here, the shotty has that pin holding the trigger assembly in n all' so when you say pins? and how do they actually keep the plastic thing ( saddle ) against the metal thing? ( receiver )

All my brain will allow is rivets, which require a hole in both plastic thing and metal thing. ( which is why i ain't attacked this project myself. I <3 my shotty. )

I probably should youtube how to do it prior giving you grief, but while on the subject . . .
    You push the original pin out of the gun and replace it with a bolt supplied with the saddle. The saddle has got a steel backing plate with thread in where the bolt screws into. If you over tighten it then the thread on the plate strips and you must get a longer bolt plus a nut.

User

I got my wife the Uncle Mike's butt ammo carrier, it seems to work well for her 1300.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I got my wife the Uncle Mike's butt ammo carrier, it seems to work well for her 1300.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    I found back when I had my 1300 that this was the best solution. Although a little tight the shells didnt move around and would stay put.

User

I have mounted the Esstac and works perfectly on my semi auto, no issues. I ordered the 5-shell strips which fit well and don't get in the way. I did not find anything locally. Esstac shipped to SA!

I have this carrier installed on my 1300

https://www.tacticalquartermaster.co...otshell-holder

Works like a charm and I've put hundreds of rounds through it, with no issues at all.
    I must say that being NCSTAR I was a bit circumspect, but that fear is long gone in this specific NCSTAR product.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast