Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Winchester 1300 Side Saddle / Ammo carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Like punch a hole through the receiver 'wall' ?
    No, like get longer pins and fix it to the receiver

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    No, like get longer pins and fix it to the receiver
    I'm really curious here, the shotty has that pin holding the trigger assembly in n all' so when you say pins? and how do they actually keep the plastic thing ( saddle ) against the metal thing? ( receiver )

All my brain will allow is rivets, which require a hole in both plastic thing and metal thing. ( which is why i ain't attacked this project myself. I <3 my shotty. )

I probably should youtube how to do it prior giving you grief, but while on the subject . . .

User

I'm really curious here, the shotty has that pin holding the trigger assembly in n all' so when you say pins? and how do they actually keep the plastic thing ( saddle ) against the metal thing? ( receiver )

All my brain will allow is rivets, which require a hole in both plastic thing and metal thing. ( which is why i ain't attacked this project myself. I <3 my shotty. )

I probably should youtube how to do it prior giving you grief, but while on the subject . . .
    You push the original pin out of the gun and replace it with a bolt supplied with the saddle. The saddle has got a steel backing plate with thread in where the bolt screws into. If you over tighten it then the thread on the plate strips and you must get a longer bolt plus a nut.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    You push the original pin out of the gun and replace it with a bolt supplied with the saddle. The saddle has got a steel backing plate with thread in where the bolt screws into. If you over tighten it then the thread on the plate strips and you must get a longer bolt plus a nut.
    ahhh ok, cool, i know that pin requires me to slap with hammer like object to get back in the hole as its tight, very very tight; but . . .

Does this mean pin is now a pivot and you 'could' turn that saddle 360 degrees?

User

ahhh ok, cool, i know that pin requires me to slap with hammer like object to get back in the hole as its tight, very very tight; but . . .

Does this mean you can turn that saddle 360 degrees?
    Are you looking to pick holes in peoples explanations or just trying to be a smart ass

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Are you looking to pick holes in peoples explanations or just trying to be a smart ass
    Evaluating the options for a more educated purchase.

Sorry if that upsets you.

User

Tacstar make a 6 shell side saddle, Nic Yale are the agents AFAIK. It's an option...

User

This thing looks interesting, option of rear sight too. ( too high for front bead? so curious about a red dot on a 1300? ) That's if ( as per my previous question ) It canno't rotate up on that pivot pin. 100 shots and bye bye sight alignment. ( if you can man up to 100 shots; i can't )

Attachment 26819

User

Evaluating the options for a more educated purchase.

Sorry if that upsets you.
    Apologies

As long as you test it at the range. I know of many guys who have come to the range with the next gadget, only for the side saddle to come off halfway through a COF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2