Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Default Re: Australia, New Zealand or Canada?

Guys, everywhere has its compromises. Choose your compromises and make peace with them. And don't bitch at the other guy for his choices.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Gazzamck, I have sent you a PM.

I am one of the pondering crowd. Small chance of a sponsored visa for the US. If it becomes a reality, I’m gone. My family arrived here in 1738. We gave it a good go, but I have to ensure a future for my little girls.

Francois Vogel

User

Just got the formal job offer have till Friday to decide never thought it would be so hard to decide .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbarb View Post
    I am still fighting to decide to go or stay but Friday my wive gets to work and find a liquidation letter on the gate ! Just like that no payment for days worked no leave pay just nothing for 8 years service !!!! So what now does she have any chance of finding another job as a buyer or even secretary ? Its going to be tough staying now unless she can find employment again .
    As this is an immigration thread, that crap happens everywhere.

My employer just closed down 3/4 of our US offices. No heads up to anybody; we heard from our colleagues last week they just got their 48 hour walking papers. Had that day an the next to clear out their desks and pick up a cheque for half month's salary.

Hearing tonight how it is going to affect us here; but my CV is already out in the wild and already have a interview lined up.

I'm just glad that back when Skaaphaas started this thread the company gave me an option to go to our US offices which considered long and hard but in the end didn't take. If I did I would have had 30 days now to get my affairs in order to come back or be forcefully deported.

While a job offer is often the only way into a country (as it was for me), it is really not a great situation being totally reliant on an employer for your continued right to remain in the country.

My advice would be to consider ways to get permanent residency as soon as possible, even if it costs more money. The reduction in stress is worth it. Else you are in perpetual limbo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    While a job offer is often the only way into a country (as it was for me), it is really not a great situation being totally reliant on an employer for your continued right to remain in the country.

My advice would be to consider ways to get permanent residency as soon as possible, even if it costs more money. The reduction in stress is worth it. Else you are in perpetual limbo.
    Very wise words, but all of this is very country and visa dependent. A lot of the times this requires time and luck. Especially with US current hard stance of immigration better option is too rather get the offer for work but go through visa process yourself and get a long work or residency visa than go with the special skills work visa which are tied to the job you take.

User

For those who have small kids and are considering Canada. We have been doing research as well and afriend sent us this:

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Banned

What a steaming load of crap!

User

Flipping scary (and, IMHO) wrong on so many levels (.... I am talking about indoctrinating the kids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast