Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Australia, New Zealand or Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Why would the toilet water in Australia flush the wrong way?
    Because they live upside down and the Coriolis myth.
    http://blog.sciencegeekgirl.com/2008...rn-hemisphere/

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Because they live upside down and the Coriolis myth.
    http://blog.sciencegeekgirl.com/2008...rn-hemisphere/
    So do we. So if their toilet water is wrong, ours is too.

User

But do they let their toilet water flow into their rivers like we do?

User

Canada. Seems easier to get into US from there than SA.

User

In terms of firearm laws, New Zealand's are by far the least restrictive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BarOne View Post
    Canada. Seems easier to get into US from there than SA.
    Actually in this case Australia is easier. The E3 visa for the USA is available to Aussie citizens only and is the easiest to get, the least restrictive and most renewable visa available for any other nation trying to get into the USA.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Is Canada not permiated with more libtards than just about anywhere else? - good luck.
    Trump will need to build a Northern Wall within the next 15-20 years if Canada keeps up what they are currently doing. Libtard Land.

I have to say, as much as I am a conservative by heart, if I had to take the risk of moving my family to a new country in my late thirties or early forties and start all over again, I would prefer to go to a country with free healthcare and heavily subsidized public services in general, especially including tertiary education support.

Living in a heavily capitalist society like the USA is all very well if you are born there and are able to have a lifetime of opportunities to use your skills to climb the ladder, but if you are only arriving almost halfway into your working career, with no local network, having spent most of your savings to get there, then you probably want as generous a social support system as possible. And that probably means you are going to be better off in what we call libtard countries, at least from an economic point of view. My concern is more to find countries with pockets of socially conservative values, rather than economically conservative ones.

Anyway, clearly this is something a lot of us are pondering on, and indeed, if the time comes to take that leap, it probably comes down to the three countries in the title of this thread. Which one, well, that is the question I too am trying to answer.

User

I would love to go to Switzerland. But last I checked it was nearly impossible to get in there. Something like 10 years of permanent residence before being eligible for citizenship. Of the OP's options, I would probably go Canada. I have relatives there so that would make it a bit easier. It seems to be a bit more affordable for us than Aus as well

User

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    I have to say, as much as I am a conservative by heart, if I had to take the risk of moving my family to a new country in my late thirties or early forties and start all over again, I would prefer to go to a country with free healthcare and heavily subsidized public services in general, especially including tertiary education support.

Living in a heavily capitalist society like the USA is all very well if you are born there and are able to have a lifetime of opportunities to use your skills to climb the ladder, but if you are only arriving almost halfway into your working career, with no local network, having spent most of your savings to get there, then you probably want as generous a social support system as possible. And that probably means you are going to be better off in what we call libtard countries, at least from an economic point of view. My concern is more to find countries with pockets of socially conservative values, rather than economically conservative ones.

Anyway, clearly this is something a lot of us are pondering on, and indeed, if the time comes to take that leap, it probably comes down to the three countries in the title of this thread. Which one, well, that is the question I too am trying to answer.
    This is exactly my line of thinking and it's a great point you raise.

I despise libtards, but there is nothing like a nationalist movement to spoil your day or potential career opportunities in a new country and from what I understand NZ is pretty liberal too.

This has started because I applied for a job at Barclays and it was specifically labeled as being a NON AA position, they have now re-advertised the position stating that it for an AA candidate only. To be frank, I've had a enough of this BS with regards to EE in this country and the lack of opportunities. As white we have become persona non-grata in South Africa.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast