Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    User

Default Re: IDPA Big Match Days, Registration Vetting Process

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post

I do think restricting the SA Champs field to exactly that, the champs of the divisions might be a good idea, the top shooters from each province, in each category, division and classification get automatic spots with the rest of the field being open to all.

I do NOT think it should be an MA/EX exclusive party zone.
    Agreed

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    That is an unfortunate consequence. I am conflicted, personally. I'd prefer to see more than 1 per month, low-medium round count than same 1 per month but 100+ round counts.
    Yeah... we do 4 or 5 a month. +100 round count, small and obscured targets, shooting whilst moving, strong/weak hand unsupported, that sort of thing.

It's a helluva change of gear for Novices, but they (those who stick with the programme) do seem to benefit when it comes to Leagues/Nationals/etc.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by sakush View Post
    I guess we are very lucky then, our club shoots once a week, 6 stages, 3 squads, average 100 rounds, more in my case, a lot of filling in and those pesky plates! However we have a few masters, couple of experts, always good to see them run and gun, something to aspire to.
    Oh, yeah... and we only use mini-poppers and most of our plates are 200mm dia. Train hard, fight/compete easy.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    For the record , my definition of gamer is

1. a person of mediocre shooting skill
    2. tries to circumvent rules for personal advantage, and believes they are clever in doing so

I have encountered these, I know they exist.
    Just when IDPA / SADPA started, your definition would have been the correct one.... It was however wrongly used. We (All of us including me) should have had the strength of our conviction to call those people cheaters / bad losers / poor sportsmen / nancyboys / dickweeds or any other insulting name that you prefer.

Later on the term "gamer / gaymer / gaymurr..." became a word to describe those shooters who managed to use the sport and the rules to get the best possible score. And the really good guys started jokingly referring to themselves as "gamers". but it doesn't mean the same as it did 5 years ago.

Having said that; I have recently started shooting IPSC again so that I can "game" IDPA better. Last week I "gamed" R2300 worth of upgrades into my ESP gun. And for Africa Champs this year I explicitly decided that I will NOT be available to SO. I want to shoot at least one big competition without the fuckaround of having to SO, I want to be able to plan my stages and shoot the best I can on the day. And my only goal for this champs is to game myself from SS into MA... and I want to win the High Mentally Unstable trophy, and the chainsaw raffle...

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    ... and I want to win the High Mentally Unstable trophy, and the chainsaw raffle...
    "Raffle"... dude! Yu totally misread that. It's not 'raffle', it's JUGGLE! Nevermind... if you win HMU you'll qualify :-{>}
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8