Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    So you were disappointed?
    Well it will work for an ultra SBR.
    Slightly wobble in the stock.
    No I wouldn't buy it again .
    I always try anything new stuff ,just to evaluate it for myself.

User

Default Re: LAW TACTICAL AR FOLDING STOCK ADAPTER

Far as I know we can't order anything over $100 from Brownells. The item in question is over $200.
    So, yes ... after attempting an online purchase of this item, it would well seem that $100+ items are a "no-go" ... I wonder why?

Further, I am surprised that nobody brings these in ... I'm sure they would sell!

User

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    No I wouldn't buy it again
    If the offending part is taking up space - and cash - then please feel free to sell it to me, or keep me first in line, if you feel thus inclined

User

OK, latest update: it seems that while I was away, during the last 72 hours, the order has actually shipped !

User

My experience, with reference to present and past discussions of ordering over USD100-worth of "stuff" ... as well as SA customs delays:

Although it has been 2 months since I ordered this part, I am expecting anything up to another 2-3 months before I (hopefully) receive notification of it's arrival from SAPO.

My curiosity lies more with the fact that this USD220 item left the USA without any hiccups ... according to the USPS tracking info, at least ... in spite of what has been reported regarding Brownells and the USD100-threshold.

Patiently, I wait.

User

I've got a fun new thing to try. My parcel has arrived but my ITAC has not come through yet. I'm going to have to convince Cape Mail to hold onto it until my paperwork has been done and not return it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    I've got a fun new thing to try. My parcel has arrived but my ITAC has not come through yet. I'm going to have to convince Cape Mail to hold onto it until my paperwork has been done and not return it.
    Does this mean that I am required to produce any permits or paperwork for my folding stock adaptor?

I am bringing the part in under my business, which is already registered with SARS as an importer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Does this mean that I am required to produce any permits or paperwork for my folding stock adaptor?

I am bringing the part in under my business, which is already registered with SARS as an importer.
    Stan you will need an ITAC permit with the appropriate tariff code for that item. And you will need the services of a clearing agent.

User

Stan you will need an ITAC permit with the appropriate tariff code for that item. And you will need the services of a clearing agent.
    Thanks WC, when you say "ITAC permit", are you referring to my general permit to be registered as an importer, or a parcel-specific permit for this shipment?

Do I wait for notification from SA customs of the arrival of the item, then obtain & submit my application for the permit?

Can I download the application form from the SARS website?

How do I determine the tariff code?

User

So, here's a big shout-out to Brownells:

Last Thursday, I emailed them to say that I had still not received my part, after 11 weeks - which is not uncommon, considering what is (or is not) going on at JIMC.

Before I could say or do anything, they had already despatched a replacement duplicate order, which according to tracking, has already passed through JHB airport and "in transit to the destination" - that's an unbelievable 4 days !!!!!

So let's see how long still until it's finally in my hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast