Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    According to the internet, that right there, is called "Glock bulge" - Only Glocks are supposed to do it. Some dude called Darryll or Cleatus who lives in his mothers basement in Florida said so in a you tube video just last week...
    Fact. You must have the G44 already the new 357 revolver.

User

Default Re: S&B Factory round fail

Quote Originally Posted by MANNY82 View Post
    I've been shooting factory S&B 9mm and .357 in my guns since I got them. Never had any issues. But aside from reloading, what other decent range ammo can you look at? Fiocchi?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I think you just need to play the odds? Like I said produce millions of rounds and even an astronomically small failure percentage will produce a large enough number.

Over 20 years of shooting 3 catastrophic failures isn't bad.

Many years back when i competed in Western Prov pinshooting. Actually from when it started at Milnerton range then Bellville shooting club and finally against signal hill. Before moving to Atlantis.
    They only allowed lead rounds and not factory ammo. Due to possible ricochets.
    Did they change this rule.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Fact. You must have the G44 already the new 357 revolver.
    I thought you can only get it in .45?

Attached Images Attached Images

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Many years back when i competed in Western Prov pinshooting. Actually from when it started at Milnerton range then Bellville shooting club and finally against signal hill. Before moving to Atlantis.
    Factory and jacketed ammo is not forbidden outright, but the RO or match director can ban any unsafe ammo from the range.

For best performance on pins with a 357 Mag, shooters prefer reloads with heavy bullets from 180 gn up to 230 gn. These are mostly cast lead or CMJ, so ricochets from bullet jackets are not an issue.

The 158 gn 357 Mag factory loads will move a new pin off the table, but when the pin gains a bit of weight they struggle. With the typical ammo consumption of most pin shooters, factory ammo will wear your budget out sooner or later.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    No rules against factory ammo. And a few guys, myself included, load cmj's. Most guys shoot lead though and ricochets happen every now and again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Factory and jacketed ammo is not forbidden outright, but the RO or match director can ban any unsafe ammo from the range.

For best performance on pins with a 357 Mag, shooters prefer reloads with heavy bullets from 180 gn up to 230 gn. These are mostly cast lead or CMJ, so ricochets from bullet jackets are not an issue.

The 158 gn 357 Mag factory loads will move a new pin off the table, but when the pin gains a bit of weight they struggle. With the typical ammo consumption of most pin shooters, factory ammo will wear your budget out sooner or later.
    Very very true. Only shelled out the R390 for a pack of S&B on Saturday when I realised didn't have enough .357 for Sundays shoot, with no time to load.

User

I currently load frontier 180gr cmj fp's

Recently I had 2 cracked .357mag casesfrom box of factory S&B 158gr. Scary stuff. Prefer PMP to reload the cases. Thicker and stronger than most.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    Recently I had 2 cracked .357mag casesfrom box of factory S&B 158gr. Scary stuff. Prefer PMP to reload the cases. Thicker and stronger than most.
    In last 2 years I have had 3 case head separations in my 30-06. All were from S&B cases. While reloading last month I
    found a cracked S&B case. I have thrown out all my S&B cases. I have PMP cases that have been loaded up to 15 times with no issues. Unfortunately PMP cases form doughnuts after each firing in .243.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast