Thread: Khukuri Sheath

User

Default Khukuri Sheath

A very nice custom sheath made by Michael at Daniels. I supplied the design of the sheath and hanger as well as the chocolate kydex. Michael expertly implemented the design making a few changes and mods and practical improvements.

The workmanship is truly excellent. Michael was very accommodating allowing me to supply the kydex colour of my choice which he did not have and also spending a lot of time and effort implementing a design which is not exactly straightforward.

All in all top quality coming out of Daniel's holsters and their workshop setup is impressive too.

Please excuse the atrocious cell phone pics

User

Default Re: Khukuri Sheath

Nice sheath. What does the Khukuri look like?

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Nice sheath. What does the Khukuri look like?
    Its a traditional "mini" Jungle Khukuri that I had custom made in Nepal with a longer handle. It is a smaller version of the 10/ 11 inch Jungle Khukuri with a blade length of 8 inches so it is a little more portable. Sharp enough to shave ink off of a sheet of paper yet tough enough to cut reasonable branches and baton through hard wood to make kindling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

The wonders of train track steel!

I have a khukuri which simply refuses to become sharp, the steel laughs at normal sharpening procedures.

User

Lots of elbow grease and an eternity of patience. Those bevels are as rough as the proverbial grizzlies arse as they arrive. A little hardware shop Ryobi belt grinder with abrasives for metal takes quite a bit of the tedium out of the task.

I have a number of them and have spent a lot of time getting them up to scratch.