Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Kershaw Dune - experience/opinion?

Interesting dilemma. This is where the maligned pocket gun comes into its own, in hand cocked and in the pocket, I have found this gives a confidence to my response that usually ends the situation. My immediate response is to ignore and if pushed the second is never polite and avoiding all racial slurs focuses heavily on sex, genitalia, altitude, position and family antedecents, if the response is inadequate the third is louder. I always look for the easiest opportunity to immediately disengage, I am not looking for a fight, there is nothing I want from this person and no win in being cleverer than them.

I will never draw on anybody as a threat (again), I have done it once and it was interesting, a quick change in attitude but I lost the initiative and opportunity to escalate because I was not in a (legal) position to start shooting. I simply lost the initiative by drawing too soon. In future I will hold off until I can immediately draw and (legally) shoot.

Every situation is a bit different, this has just been my experience.

User

Default Re: Kershaw Dune - experience/opinion?

Needing to have this conversation is completely sickening. We are losing our freedom to perform basic tasks and risk big shit if we deal with it.

I use "inside" ATM's whenever possible as I feel it reduces risk a little. Perhaps that might be an option if there are any in Vryburg.

The cops hate the nyaope boys as much as the rest of us but the knife idea is still a major gamble if it goes south. In this situation I'd say small pepper spray in hand then draw if it escalates.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5