Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Kershaw Dune - experience/opinion?

spraying a guy with pepper spray still gonna land you in shit if your statement to cops is "he tried to help me with the atm"

User

The argument is not with a woman defending herself. Its your lack of understanding of the roll a knife plays. Its not less lethal , its not a threat. Its lethal force.

probably is a problem dude. Because if it comes into play its in play, and if it was only a threat and she wont follow through , well he may just.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    spraying a guy with pepper spray still gonna land you in shit if your statement to cops is "he tried to help me with the atm"
    Yup and no one is recommending just spraying him. But even if you did it would be massively less shit than shiving a bitch.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Yup and no one is recommending just spraying him. But even if you did it would be massively less shit than shiving a bitch.
    100%

Banned

The argument is not with a woman defending herself. Its your lack of understanding of the roll a knife plays. Its not less lethal , its not a threat. Its lethal force.
    Thanks. It means that without less lethal means like pepper spray she needs to wait for his move. Preparing for lethal equals employing lethal.

User

DsJ having one could be very useful for once an attack has commenced, unfortunately it would take quite a bit of mental fortitude to wait until they commenced an attack as opposed to drawing it in an attempt to psychologically intimidate an attacker, because they will disguise their intentions in order to get really close to mob their would-be victim.*
    At that range it might be difficult/ dangerous to deploy her FA and an EDC of some sort could gain her space and time to deploy FA if the situation warranted it.

The problem is that these drug kids are not above shanking someone for their cell phone, wallet or purse.

How about something like the Benchmade SOCP? It was designed specifically for weapon retention against a grab and creating space and those attributes would make it ideal for defense against an individual or group attack at for instance an ATM. The finger ring allows it to lock into the hand and allows it to be held if transitioning to a FA whilst also making it really difficult to wrest away from the defender which is especially important not only for the typical lady. Doesn't need 7th Dan training to use although as everyone will point out training is key.

*Indicators like: "Let me help you with your pin" or "Excuse me, do you have 5 bucks for me?" or "Excuse me, do you have the time?" All appropriately answered with an aggressive F*CK OFF as opposed to a polite "No sorry I don't." (Obviously not appropriate to the little old lady at the parking pay-point etc etc.)

http://www.benchmade.com/socp-dagger.html

User

Does anyone carry the SOCP appendix? How comfortable is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Thanks. It means that without less lethal means like pepper spray she needs to wait for his move. Preparing for lethal equals employing lethal.
    What is different to a gun there?

Dont forget things like awareness and MUC skills as well.

Banned

What is different to a gun there?Dont forget things like awareness and MUC skills as well.
    I doubt that she can be accused of lethal force, escalating a situation etc because she held a can of pepper spray in her hand.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    I doubt that she can be accused of lethal force, escalating a situation etc because she held a can of pepper spray in her hand.
    I meant the difference between a a gun and a knife.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast