User

Default Sights for the G43

I've been trawling for sights for the above. The Trijicon HDs seem to tick all the boxes. Fibre Optic fronts with tritium and low key tritium for the rear.

I like the idea of plain rear sights with a decent marker out front but to have non intrusive night sight capability also theoretically makes sense, however I have picked up some not so complimentary attitudes towards the HDs and I'd hate to spend R 4K on sights when I could've spent two and got the same or better functionality and a nice holster or ammo to boot.

Some enlightenment would be most appreciated as well as some alternative options. I would like sights with plain rears and FO fronts. Do you guys think that tritium is necessary for low light shooting? Have you shot in low light conditions and found them useful or are the FO fronts good enough for all but pitch black?

User

Default Re: Sights for the G43

I've actually fitted standard size RHT (fiber) sights to my G43. Haven't shot it enough to notice any ill effect. I have the Trijicon HD on my G19. Shooting IDPA night shoots, tritium has had no benefit.

My vote, steel sites blacked out rears and fiber front

Blacked out rear and something skinny and bright up front.

Having splurged on sights, I feel that the money's better spent on range time. The dull green glow of tritium at night doesn't make me sleep any better.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

User

Thanks guys.

User

Tritium is, IMO, important to have on a carry gun (from sight)