User

Default Conformation letter from hunting farm.

Hi Ladies and Gents.

Mods i do apologise if this post is not in the right place. Please do move it if not.

I need a conformation letter from the farm we hunt on for my licence. The farm owner has no
    problem with that. But he has no standard letter. He asked me to wright one and just forward to him and
    he will then sign it and send it back to me.

I have looked in the licence section for a standard outlay but i could only find motivation letters.

Would you please be so kind just to share with me what needs to be on the letter.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Default Re: Conformation letter from hunting farm.

Ist a short letter.
    Dont over think it.

Farmer's address and contact details as on normal letter you would write.

He merely says in letter I have known X for couple of years. As he has frequently come to hunt on my farm. My experience of him is that he is well knowledge d in the safe handling of a rifle while hunting.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ive never put a letter with.
    But in my motivation letter at end.
    I list about 10 names. Which include Farmers. And other shooters who know me.
    And list their phone numbers.
    And I say they can be contacted regarding me.

User

Thanks.
    Just had to make sure it is as simple as it sounds.

Yes there is also a list of hunting buddies and farm owners that's going with.

The letter I received from the farm was as below on their letterhead, with their address, dated and signed off.

I, Farm Owner, own a game farm of 3,000 hectares on which I run my safari business, XX Safaris. I am licensed Professional Hunter and outfitter in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal.

I, the undersigned, herewith declare that Hunter Name (ID Number: XXX) has hunted on my farm on multiple occasions within the past X number of years.

I confirm that he understands and has demonstrated the importance of firearm safety, the safe and ethical handling of a firearm and how to hunt game species in an ethical manner.

I also confirm that he is most welcome to hunt on our property in the future and that he is now required to have his own rifle to hunt on my property.

User

For your license application also add: with a rifle of (caliber you apply for) I will allow him to hunt the following species on my farm: xxx

User

@ Maroelas. Yes good idea. I have just added that as well.