Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 6.5 Creedmoor Bende

Howa 1500 heavy barrel 24" arrived yesterday. The hunt for a scope is on.

Default Re: 6.5 Creedmoor Bende

6.5 Creedmoor SAPS caliber code 2436 August 2017

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...r-list-08-2017

I have been looking at sourcing a bullet that can be used for hunting medium sized game with the 6.5 Creedmoor. I know that the Berger bullets are highly recommended for long distance target shooting due to their high BC values and apparant accuracy of manufacturing. But the 140gr Hybrid Target is specifically not recommended for hunting, for obvious reasons. I then came upon this bullet from Hornady:

https://www.hornady.com/bullets/rifl...43-gr-eld-x#!/

It seems as if it was recently added to their line-up. It also appears that this bullet also has high BC values. I guess it will be a good bullet for hunting. Any one here have some experience with this?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    I have been looking at sourcing a bullet that can be used for hunting medium sized game with the 6.5 Creedmoor. I know that the Berger bullets are highly recommended for long distance target shooting due to their high BC values and apparant accuracy of manufacturing. But the 140gr Hybrid Target is specifically not recommended for hunting, for obvious reasons. I then came upon this bullet from Hornady:

https://www.hornady.com/bullets/rifl...43-gr-eld-x#!/

It seems as if it was recently added to their line-up. It also appears that this bullet also has high BC values. I guess it will be a good bullet for hunting. Any one here have some experience with this?

TIA
    I have only used Berger 130g hunting bullets ,for taking manu kudu's successfully with only one shot.
    Please do not reveal the secret.
    They are unbelievably accurate & drop more or less the same as my target loads (139g scenars)
    I shoot 5 different kinds of 6.5 caliber target rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    I have only used Berger 130g hunting bullets ,for taking manu kudu's successfully with only one shot.
    Please do not reveal the secret.
    They are unbelievably accurate & drop more or less the same as my target loads (139g scenars)
    I shoot 5 different kinds of 6.5 caliber target rifles.
    My lips are sealed. ;)

Thank you!

User

I have used Nossler 140gr"s for many years with no complaints. Availability might however now be an issue.

T-Stone has killed more animals with the Hornady A Max than you can shake a stick at.

User

Safari Outdoor East Rand has stock of 130gr Swift Scirocco, 140gr Swift A-Frame and 142gr Nosler Accubonds. Give our reloading section a call on 0861 00 00 71
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Sorry the Nosslers i use are partititions.Should have said as much in my post.

Thank you for all the responses. I have some homework to do. ;)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast