Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: 6.5 Creedmoor Bende

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    I have only used Berger 130g hunting bullets ,for taking manu kudu's successfully with only one shot.
    Please do not reveal the secret.
    They are unbelievably accurate & drop more or less the same as my target loads (139g scenars)
    I shoot 5 different kinds of 6.5 caliber target rifles.
    TRG, if I may ask, what rifle(s) are you shooting in 6.5 CM? And your choise of scopes and reason therefore?

Look at the Berger 140 gr Elite Hunter with a G7 BC of .310. (not sure if it's available).
    If you shoot Berger 140gn Hybrids, the G7 BC is .311 ... so pretty much identical.
    Should mean you can have pretty much identical loads for target and hunting, as the Classic & Elite Hunters are built off the Hybrid Shape, so jump should also be similar/close (if you even worry about that with Hybrids).

See the Berger catalogue.
    http://www.bergerbullets.com/informa...llets-catalog/

Quote Originally Posted by dAyLiTe View Post
    Look at the Berger 140 gr Elite Hunter with a G7 BC of .310. (not sure if it's available).
    If you shoot Berger 140gn Hybrids, the G7 BC is .311 ... so pretty much identical.
    Should mean you can have pretty much identical loads for target and hunting, as the Classic & Elite Hunters are built off the Hybrid Shape, so jump should also be similar/close (if you even worry about that with Hybrids).

See the Berger catalogue.
    http://www.bergerbullets.com/informa...llets-catalog/
    Thank you!

As soon as you go magazine driven, you limit the Short Action COAL to around 71.1mm.
    With that limitation, the 6.5CM gives more optimal seating depth than the longer cased 260Rem with the new super long 140gn bullets.

If you shoot AIAW, or AIAX then you don't have this problem with a 260Rem, as the magazines allow COAL to 74.2mm.

So it makes sense with the MagPul 700 stock that takes MagPul mags to switch to 6.5CM.

User

...and bit the bullet...Howa 24" bull barrel, DFO appointment for application on 2 October...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast