Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Default Re: Warning to All Sig 320 users - failed drop test by Omaha Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Have you never practiced dry fire at home?
    I don't own a FA yet, so I haven't 'practiced' dry-firing one... But yes, I have dry-fired hammer guns before, but not a striker.
    I am still very much interested in a P320, so just trying to understand what bronx meant.

Fair enough. During dry fire exercises it is nice to have a trigger you can manipulate every time to at least give some simulation of the real thing.

With a Glock you need to perform a few tricks to get a “resetting trigger”, and it is still not near the real trigger feel but it’s better than the dead trigger.

With S&Ws the trigger goes forward again and you have something to pull.

I’m not sure if the same tricks that work with Glocks will work with the SIG.

It’s really not an issue, it’s a minor niggle.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Steve Anderson is going to be sad

Thanks for explaining Skaap, I get it now. Since it's only when dry-firing, it wouldn't be an issue for me.

Not dissuading you from a P320 at all, but from your post it appears as if you don’t (yet) regard dry firing as important. It is fundamental to your progress as pistol shooter, whether it be for competition or defensive use.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Went into my LGS this morning to ask about sending mine off to have the new trigger installed.

Apparently the process for SA, is the local stores will be sent the kit and their resident gunsmith will do the work of installing it.

They are expecting to kits in Jan, so by the time I get my licence done, it will installed.

I've also heard that Apex have stopped supplying their trigger till the whole issue was resolved.

User

Apex is not the supplier of the official Sig Trigger replacement. Apex is an independent manufacturer of aftermarket triggers and accessories. They removed their P320 drop-in trigger enhancement kit from the market because there was a mistaken belief out there that a simple replacement of the trigger alone would cure the underlying issue, which it does not. Let me say that again: It does not. So Apex did the responsible thing and dropped it. (Pun! )

The free voluntary upgrade that US based owners get when sending their guns in include a lightened trigger and redesigned safety lever and sear, as well as a lightweight striker, and a disconnector. The working of the disconnector, which is now built into the trigger group modular frame, requires machining of the slide. Sig insist that the light striker and the new disconnector (and the machining that goes with it), are unrelated to the drop safety issue, and is only included in the free voluntary upgrade package because of reasons.

I have still not gathered enough information to know exactly what is going to be available to the P320s of South African owners, but from what I have heard, it seems it might not be all of the above. It will be interesting to see the kits and what they encompass.

Sorry Piet but a lightweight trigger does solve the problem. Apex have done some research and they never managed to get a p320 fitted with their flatly triggers to discharge when dropped or hit with a mallet, but in the interest of self preservation in the litiguous American society, they made the statement that they will withdraw their product until Sig has come up with a solution.
    FWIW, the SA modification will only be a lightweight trigger bow and not the disconnecter mod not the lightweight striker - this straight from a call to L&O.

User

Default Warning to All Sig 320 users - failed drop test by Omaha Outdoors

The email I received from Apex, in a nutshell - if I go ahead the flatty , Apex needs to test if full voluntary package is done if still works as designed.

As per Apex - Here is some additional information about the Flat Faced Triggers in question and the Curved version.
    In regards to the Flat Faced Sig P320 Triggers, if you are comfortable with the trigger you are welcome to keep them. If you are uncomfortable with the
    trigger you are welcome to return them. We DO NOT recommend installing the trigger after you receive the firearm back from having the voluntary upgrades completed. This is because we have not had the opportunity to test the compatibility of our products with the upgrades. Once a determination has been found then the information will be released. There is no expiration date on the voluntary return of the triggers, so if you would like to wait for results you may. If you have the curved trigger, we highly recommend you returning the trigger. This is due to how closely the curved trigger resembles the factory trigger and the information released by Sig Sauer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

L&O picked up a hot potato when they got the Sig agency. To their credit they have been posting updates on their FB page as and when they're available.

Given the nature of the issue however I would have expected that they would be a bit more organized around it.

They could have used FB to get 320 owners to register to an email list (something as simple as Google forms would do the trick) and then send out updates when they're available. By updates I mean SA-specific updates that someone in SA would craft to explain the current status rather than just posting the international update. Gauging from the comments on FB it seems a lot of people missed the fact that the update as posted on the Sig SA page is intended for the agents/distributors rather than the man on the street.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast