Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Warning to All Sig 320 users - failed drop test by Omaha Outdoors

The series 70 has the grip safety..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    The series 70 has the grip safety..
    Trigger block seldom?

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Only fools 'diss' the safety advantages offered by the series 80 and I think an earlier Colt Match pistol.The advantages have been clearly demonstrated in many drop tests over the years.
    Can't talk for the fools, however plenty propaganda should one delve into the 'series 70 vs series 80', rabbit hole.

Still leaves my statement intact; regarding how i don't understand the level of drama revolving the p3... and in question, firing pin block for edc; when a perceivable majority prefer the non firing pin block 1911. I suppose there are those who say wacking on more mechanical safety is pointless when more human safety / training is required. who knows . . .

How can you not understand the level of drama?

SIG marketed a gun as drop-safe.

The US military accepted the gun, with their specifications being that it must be drop-safe.

It has now been established that the thing is not drop-safe.

A police officer has been injured supposedly due to this very issue.

That will usually lead to some intense discussion.

As to the continued reference to Mod 70s and 80s, neither are recommended on here as ideal carry guns.

Maybe on some US forums you get the die-hard "Made in the USA" .45 fans. Here not so much.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    SIG marketed a gun as drop-safe.
    I retreat.

70's / 80's example used of popularity of purchases.

However still perplexed by the GS FB non firing pin block = your going to die EDC comments. When as mentioned there is a strong following of such pistols.

Popularity of purchases? In what country?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Popularity of purchases? In what country?
    As per you'r previous and very true comment regarding demographics and the 70/80s i can't continue with the example in this (RSA) context.

So the essence of the 'drama', keeping me awake at night; would you stand strong with: 'no pin block no EDC'?

I have dropped my G19 before, on a similar angle as what these P320's aren't safe, albeit from a lower height and onto carpet.

Based on that mistake I probably wouldn't carry a gun that is not drop-safe.

User

Based on that mistake I probably wouldn't carry a gun that is not drop-safe.
    A whole bunch of years ago i read here on GS of a guy who threw his pistol across the bedroom in his sleep.

Its just the hard and fast crucifing comments against those who purchase a non firing pin block blaster on FB that create the itch.

Years ago, a friend of mine died when he dropped his 1911 onto a tiled surface at the same angle we're discussing here. It discharged and sent a round into his head.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast