Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Preliminary refused!

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Well at one point guys at our club were refused. Reasons were that their motivations were similar to that of other applicants.
    Someone else on Gunsite also mentioned about this.

Remember they ask you to motivate your application.
    They dont ask you to ask someone else to motivate it.
    Otherwise you might as well google motivation and just print the page and attach.
    Or just sent them a link to a generic motivation on internet.

I am still sticking to my thoughts on apps.
    If you can convince yourself for a need to purchase a firearm. For EDC, Sport or Hunting.
    And you can convince your wife, partner, friends or family about this.
    How can you not put this into words. How can it be possible that a stranger could know better then
    you yourself what your need is.

Ive never received an app back stating my spelling or grammar is incorrect. So this does not get checked by CFR.
    So this cant be a reason to get someone to do it for you.
    And the excuse i dont have time to write it. Is ridiculous. It does not take that long to do.
    And if you cant make time. Your not motivated enough. And how will you then have time to use it.

For the last 10 years my motivation letter has stayed basically the same.
    Every new one. I will just add in beginning if I obtained more achievement I want to highlight.
    And I will change the about 2-3 paragraphs why I want/need that firearm or caliber.
    Shooty ... I also don't subscribe to the 'let someone else write it for you' idea but that is another discussion.

This refusal was not because someone else wrote the motivations or that it didn't speak of the applicants personal situation.... this was rejected because the CFR did not feel that he was convincing in his motivation.

The guy with articles and stats attached is denied because the CFR doesn't have any written guidelines as to what they look for in an application .. if they had set standards it would be easy for us to meet them but they don't so we guess

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

I used someone's application and changed the details to why i need a firearm so let's see.

I don't see how they can say no to many of those and Refuse your licence, Let's say my reason for possessing a firearm is legit and i appeal.
    I know of many gun shops that do it for you and they don't change there template just the details.

Regards
    Tony G

User

I've used the exact same "template" for my S16 motivations, since day 1.
    Only changed the usual variables like serial, name/brand, etc.
    100% rate... excluding when I was denied for not having manual rifle competency :-/

I took a couple good looking motivation examples from here, combined them and "made it my own". Took all of 30minutes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    I've used the exact same "template" for my S16 motivations, since day 1.
    Only changed the usual variables like serial, name/brand, etc.
    100% rate... excluding when I was denied for not having manual rifle competency :-/

I took a couple good looking motivation examples from here, combined them and "made it my own". Took all of 30minutes.
    Yup. I do that too. My S16 for SADPA and NSA and my wife and my SD guns are all pretty much cut and paste.

Although my next one when I buy a Shadow will read "cos I keep losing to guys with one and am trying to buy skill" :p

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    Yup. I do that too. My S16 for SADPA and NSA and my wife and my SD guns are all pretty much cut and paste.

Although my next one when I buy a Shadow will read "cos I keep losing to guys with one and am trying to buy skill" :p

Too true. It feels like running an aimbot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    I used someone's application and changed the details to why i need a firearm so let's see.

I don't see how they can say no to many of those and Refuse your licence, Let's say my reason for possessing a firearm is legit and i appeal.
    I know of many gun shops that do it for you and they don't change there template just the details.

Regards
    Tony G
    If your reasons are "legit" then write them in the motivation .. an appeal is only strong if your motivation was solid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4