Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Type56 Advice

User

Default Type56 Advice

Hi guys,

So I have been struggling with this urge to buy a Ak47, while I know a AR15 would be "better" regarding ammo availablilty and price and mounting optics. I just want a AK.

Been doing alot of research, but need some advise regarding the type56 specifically. Main purpose for the rifle will be Sports adventure shooting.

Only mods from standard will be mounting a red dot optic and maybe a muzzle brake.

What advise would you seasoned t56 owners give newbies?

I would love a folding stock, should I go 56-2 route? I don't like the underfolder, but haven't shot one before.

As it stands now I am thinking of getting the fixed stock version of the t56 and building a folding stock adapter for a standard LM folding stock. Mounting the optic on a QD side rail and be done with it.

Please share your advise.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Type56 Advice

Quote Originally Posted by GVC86 View Post
    Hi guys,

So I have been struggling with this urge to buy a Ak47, while I know a AR15 would be "better" regarding ammo availablilty and price and mounting optics. I just want a AK.

Been doing alot of research, but need some advise regarding the type56 specifically. Main purpose for the rifle will be Sports adventure shooting.

Only mods from standard will be mounting a red dot optic and maybe a muzzle brake.

What advise would you seasoned t56 owners give newbies?

I would love a folding stock, should I go 56-2 route? I don't like the underfolder, but haven't shot one before.

As it stands now I am thinking of getting the fixed stock version of the t56 and building a folding stock adapter for a standard LM folding stock. Mounting the optic on a QD side rail and be done with it.

Please share your advise.

If you want a T56 and are going to fit a folding stock. Fit the zhukov-s stock.
    But fitting a red dot, muzzle break and folding stock you may as well change the grip (stock is rather boring) and the fore end since everything else is changed. I fitted the stock as I could not get a cheek weld with the dot sight fitted.

I have done all of this and its a really nice gun now. Before I didn't long to shoot it, now it's a serious contender to take to the range.

But with all this done you may as well have bought an AR.

Why bother with a 56 when you can get a quality Saiga with a proper factory folding stock.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Why bother with a 56 when you can get a quality Saiga with a proper factory folding stock.
    With a siderail and muzzle brake too.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    After the extra cost of the Zhukov, you going to be close to the price of a Saiga.
    The Saiga also already has the attachment? for the side mount.

User

Ok spill the beans, where would one get a saiga? And what do they go for?

User

go for the saiga if the pricing is comparable

im not a fan of the zhukov stock,

I went with the CNC warrior folder, which is essentially a galil/r4 machined metal folding mechanism

in all honesty, as much as I love my 56, the saiga would make life easier

User

Saiga's would be a better option for a total solution "out of the box". But, try and find one in the setup you want. Good luck.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GVC86 View Post
    Ok spill the beans, where would one get a saiga? And what do they go for?

Try Tactical 22 or Spartan Arms, they should have a variety of models in stock.

Hi GVC86.
    If it's just pure nostalgia that is motivating you go for 'the original' with wooden stock.
    Be warned though the ammunition is not cheap and 'once bitten' you do seem to get through rather a lot !
    Mine is fitted with a red dot sight and if you live in the Jo'burg area please PM me, and we can 'make a plan' for you to shoot it before you make any decision as to what to buy.
    Regards.
    Keith.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast