Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stuart's intro

User

Default Stuart's intro

Hi guys,

My name is Stuart, I am from northern Jhb and myself and two mates have just successfully completed our handgun competencies (Wednesday) through Spartan Arms. Should be collecting our certificates today and will then submit to SAPS for the official competency. (eta 3 months)

So in the next 3 months I am on the hunt and saving for a CZ P-07 gen 2.

Reason for choosing this FA is due to the manual safety, for personal preference I made this decision over the Glock 17 Gen 3/4. The 19 also doesn't fit comfortably in my hands and didn't particularly like the FA while doing my competency. I have about 170 shots through this process but have been around FA's for quite a few years, shooting (under licenced supervision) shotguns,.22's, and various other handguns. I have never done hunting although would be keen if an opportunity presents itself.

Myself and Swambo travel a fair bit in RSA alone and to remote places (also being a member of the Land Cruiser Club) so a FA is a needed precaution in my opinion.

Looking forward to reading the forums as I go along.

Cheers,

Stuart

User

Default Re: Stuart's intro

Welcome 👍

There's a P07 on offer in the for sale section. Can't remember if it's G1 or 2 though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Graham12 View Post
    Welcome 👍

There's a P07 on offer in the for sale section. Can't remember if it's G1 or 2 though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Graham, saw the CZ there, gunsa has it on special new for R7550 and they have availability (approx 9 in stock when I checked) ,and understandably the used one here has 2 extra mags, as a 1st time buyer I'd prefer a new FA :D

Banned

Welcome

Welcome... the PO7 family is getting bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Good firearm choice. Going to pick my p07 up today after the long licence wait. #happyfriday

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User

Welcome!

User

Seeing you are in Jnb northern suburbs, I recommend having the pistol transferred to a range (I used Tactical 22). Then you can shoot it whilst waiting for the licence (I don't known if Gunsa has a range). I transferred mine to T22 and put 500 rounds of factory ammo through mine which gave me plenty of doppies for reloading once the licence was approved.

User

Ideally I would like to buy at a place with a range for that very reason, however price is important but transferring to a range dealer will also result in storage costs. Will need to look and see what those are. Definatly want to shoot as soon as I paid for it :D no use buying a car you can't drive! Ya I've done my due diligence on what FA I want, the sigs are lekker but $$$$

I am not planning on being a gun fundi, I just want a reliable FA for EDC and for some range time with mates and my boet to hone skill etc. Also thinking of doing a tactical type of training. Hence why I want to buy a FA once and not regret it, also parts and availability of same is important. Once I have bought, I will need to start looking at a decent holster for EDC.

Anyone know where in SA a person can buy a combination trigger lock?

Welcome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast