Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Showdown - North Korea...

It's almost like appeasement politics doesn't work. If only someone had tried it before so we could've known........

Can I just say. Every time North Korea tests a missile. And they show the news presenter which so far has mostly been a lady.
    It to me looks so funny. How stiff she is.
    Always imagine in front of her is a camera man and 20 guys with AK's on her.

User

Here's the reason for all the huffing and puffing :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-invasion.html

As someone who lived in South Korea for 8 years, I can tell you the South Koreans are pretty used to the annual threats. The international media paints a pretty grim picture of the world on the brink of WW3 while on the streets of SK it's business as usual. One year I even had my go-bag and evacuation planned but a few weeks later it had all been forgotten until the next joint US-Korea exercise.

User

Quote Originally Posted by browninghipower View Post
    Here's the reason for all the huffing and puffing :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-invasion.html

As someone who lived in South Korea for 8 years, I can tell you the South Koreans are pretty used to the annual threats. The international media paints a pretty grim picture of the world on the brink of WW3 while on the streets of SK it's business as usual. One year I even had my go-bag and evacuation planned but a few weeks later it had all been forgotten until the next joint US-Korea exercise.
    It is always business as usual until it suddenly isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RoSsIkId View Post
    The USA has never won a war that they started.
    they have won.

However, they have also been hamstrung more by political meddling than military issues.

Vietnam is a study in how you can't win a war by issuing orders from the White House, and how you can't win a "partial war", ever.

By partial war, I mean a war waged without 100% intent to destroy the enemy. A lot of wars have been about pushing around a problem but keeping it alive for whatever reasons - none of them military.

So enter Trump. He fights to win the war. His instructions to his generals on ISIS is vastly different to Obama - surround and kill every single one.

ISIS were not annihilated by the US alliance for over 2 years under Obama. they were attacked but kept around - because terrorism laws... ...

Trump has ended them.

Same with NK, Obama had let NK grow from strength to strength, with nothing more than a strongly-worded letter (like sanctions ever made a difference).

So Trump is left with an enemy with the growing potential become a nuclear power and which does not appear to have the sense that Russia or China do.

China has just said if NK attack first and the US retaliates, they will remain neutral. With NK threatening Guam, the door may be open wider than we think for a US strike, which will be launched without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    It is always business as usual until it suddenly isn't.
    Slowly, then suddenly

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Can I just say. Every time North Korea tests a missile. And they show the news presenter which so far has mostly been a lady.
    It to me looks so funny. How stiff she is.
    Always imagine in front of her is a camera man and 20 guys with AK's on her.
    Bwahahahaha. Probably more true than we know!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    China has just said if NK attack first and the US retaliates, they will remain neutral. With NK threatening Guam, the door may be open wider than we think for a US strike, which will be launched without warning.
    Yep. And the UK have said they will not get involved. Australia have said they will assist the US.Tick, tock.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Possibly, depends I suppose what one reads? http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/10...ampaign=buffer
    I was referring to the article you referenced.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    The Korean War is considered as a stalemate, however, the US completely retook all the land that had previously fallen to Communist conquest. So, in a sense, it also won that war as well. However, a peace treaty has never been signed.Desert Storm (1991) was a total victory for the alliance formed to remove Saddam Hussein's takeover of Kuwait. The outcome of the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the Afghan War started in 2001 still awaits historical judgment. Both were successful in their original intentions.
    Um. Then why does North Korea exist?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast