User

Default Re: Scope advise

Leupold VX1 3 - 9 x 50
    Bullet proof.

Look no further than Post #5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if you really have to and you feel like you need to do in depth research, look at Post #6 as well.

User

Or,if you feel like broadening your search base...have a look at post #7

User

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?t=84311

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

User

What MyLani said... +

My Lynx LX2 3-9 scope works like a drea and glass is excellent. My brother has Lynx on all his rifles. My hunting buddy has Zeiss on his first two rifles, then fitted Lynx on his latest one and is also very happy.

When I was looking for scopes I also looked at Nikon Pro Staff and Redfield but Lynx was clearer for me. If you hint further than 200m get stronger magnification.

Well it's feedback time isn't it? If you look at the timeline on this thread, the scope is probably in use by now. So OP give us feedback. They say no news is good news so that Leupold is in all probability doing what it does best:- giving extraordinary service.

User

Well no news from OP yet. Must have worked out well.
    About the same time as this was posted I happened to be looking for a (another budget scope) scope. I wanted something with a very fine cross hair but also reliable with backup. The Lynx 3-9X40 had the reticle I was after along with zero reset turrets, I find that feature attractive. The Leupold vx1 was a tad cheaper but the crosshair was a bit thicker. So I was pretty much sold on the Lynx when another sales chap chimes in about the newer Leupold.
    Lo and behold it's a VX1 with a windplex reticle called the American Marksman. Cheaper than the others as well, so I committed the cash, getting a fine discount for my frequent buyer miles.

Took it to the range yesterday for a test. Nice low mounted turrets, however I would have preferred a more positive click when making adjustments. Other than that I really like it. The reticle has 2 round holdover points and 1 more point where the reticle line thickens.
    It has 2 slash windage points either side of centre. I was a miserable day to be at the range and I was worried about the reticle being too busy and struggling to keep it clear, a problem I have had in the past, it's an eye problem that worsens as we age, something for the younger to look forward to.
    So all went well and it performed exactly as a hunting scope should, all for the princely sum of R 3700.
    To date my best budget scope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2