Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Ruger 10-22 feeding & blowback issues

User

Although different ammo has helped, I'm waiting for my Volquartsen bolt tune up kit from Brownells.
    I'm hoping this will also help.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Irrespective of brand. I kinda hate it when you buy something. And then you have to buy aftermarket custom parts to get it to function the way it should have when you bought the item new. Even if they say, oh its a $1 to fix this part or shave that and it will work flawless. Surely the factory quality control should fix it before you buy the product.

Or as in this thread case. Ruger should say in 10/22 manual. The following fps 22lr ammo work. Or these brands were tested and work.

Other than spraying a bit of oil down the barrel and wiping where I could my Browning Medalist never had the barrel or chamber cleaned until well over 5000 rounds, most of that Swartklip until I ran out.Yes it choked occasionally but by no means was it excessive. Possibly once every couple of hundred rounds if not less.When I did eventually clean the barrel I could not deduct any real buildup.The problem is that a lot of todays 22's are cheaply built.

User

I have a old 10/22.
    Once in a while I have a failure to extract. I blame myself for not cleaning it often enough.

Just out of interest, is yours the take down model?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2