Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Thingy for plugging bullet holes.

I have no medical experience, so the following has nothing to do with my thoughts or opinions. ( To me looks like an old school tampon application thing. ) I am however asking yours. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Have you heard if it works?

celoxapplicator.jpg

Penetrating wounds like shrapnel or knife wounds are very difficult to treat. They can often be lethal. It is extremely difficult to get a haemostatic agent to the real source of bleeding. Now there is a solution. Celox-A is a unique applicator delivery system designed to give you an easy, safe and effective way to stop life-threatening bleeding from difficult to treat penetrating trauma. The instinctive applicator allows you to get the Celox granules through a small entry wound, directly to the bleeding site in just a few seconds. The applicator is vacuum packed, sterile and lightweight, and can be easily stored within your existing trauma pouch.

Celox is suitable for
    • Small entry wounds
    • Penetrating wounds
    • Knife and shrapnel wounds
    • Bullet entry wounds
    • Applying through strong blood flows
    • Controlled application to all wounds

Celox has been shown to
    • Reliably stop arterial bleeding**
    • Significantly reduce blood loss**
    • Clot blood containing anticoagulants like Coumadin (warfarin)*
    • Quickly clot hypothermic (cold) blood*
    • Details of these tests are available at: ( I removed the link to avoid advertisement )

User

Default Re: Thingy for plugging bullet holes.

"Refills" or just stuff in a packet that might get you arrested on suspicion of handling crystal meth.

Celox_35g.JPG

• Celox can stop even potentially lethal bleeding fast
    • Easy to use (just pour, pack and apply pressure)
    • Very safe (tested to class 3 CE Mark standards)
    • Extremely effective

Celox is suitable for
    • A wide range of bleeding wounds
    • Arterial and venous bleeding
    • Surface and deep wounds
    • Lacerations, grazes and minor cuts

Celox has been shown to
    • Clot hypothermic (cold) blood*
    • Generate no heat.

CELOX NSN numbers
    • 6510-01-549-5980 - Single 35g Package
    • 6510-01-549-6058 - Box of 100 35g Packages

Where does a person buy Celox

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Where does a person buy Celox
    We stock Axiostat Vascular Bleeding Control Dressing
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Many Thanks

This would be quite handy in a First aid kit.
    When wound to big for normal bandages.

User

Calling Mr Medic
    Comments please

User

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    I have no medical experience, so the following has nothing to do with my thoughts or opinions. ( To me looks like an old school tampon application thing. ) I am however asking yours. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Have you heard if it works?

celoxapplicator.jpg

Penetrating wounds like shrapnel or knife wounds are very difficult to treat. They can often be lethal. It is extremely difficult to get a haemostatic agent to the real source of bleeding. Now there is a solution. Celox-A is a unique applicator delivery system designed to give you an easy, safe and effective way to stop life-threatening bleeding from difficult to treat penetrating trauma. The instinctive applicator allows you to get the Celox granules through a small entry wound, directly to the bleeding site in just a few seconds. The applicator is vacuum packed, sterile and lightweight, and can be easily stored within your existing trauma pouch.

Celox is suitable for
    • Small entry wounds
    • Penetrating wounds
    • Knife and shrapnel wounds
    • Bullet entry wounds
    • Applying through strong blood flows
    • Controlled application to all wounds

Celox has been shown to
    • Quickly clot hypothermic (cold) blood*
    • Details of these tests are available at: ( I removed the link to avoid advertisement )
    The Surgeons among us like Lithium should comment.
    From an Anaesthesia perspective this hypercoagulation properties will come with a trade-off. I am wary of sticking anything into a traumatic hole with the risk of causing further damage. If it expand when saturated with blood, it will also cause problems.
    As a foreign object it might also increase infection risk in the wound if everything can not the easily washed out off the wound or cavity.
    I also question whether it will reliably stop arterial bleeding thats really live threatening for example brachial, popliteal or femoral artery.

User

Thanks for that !

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    The Surgeons among us like Lithium should comment.
    From an Anaesthesia perspective this hypercoagulation properties will come with a trade-off. I am wary of sticking anything into a traumatic hole with the risk of causing further damage. If it expand when saturated with blood, it will also cause problems.
    As a foreign object it might also increase infection risk in the wound if everything can not the easily washed out off the wound or cavity.
    I also question whether it will reliably stop arterial bleeding thats really live threatening for example brachial, popliteal or femoral artery.
    I would also be concerned that under stress, somebody might try and force that applicator into a small penetrating wound, making it worse. While it looks like it has a potential use, I think the average person would be better served by a conventional haemostatic dressing with a broader application

User

Yeah I think its a kak idea.

Stick to the basics, direct amd indirect pressure. Understanding anatomical structures and where vascular pressure points are is a fundamental all prepared people should know.

As far as sticking things into wounds goes there is always a right and a wrong. Each practitioner will have a varied opinion.

I believe strongly in wound packing, however not with an application device as pictured in the OP. However there is a definite concern over a lay-person being shown how to pack a wound then going forth and forcing stuff into every hole that they find.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast