User

Default A thank you and a question

First the thanks:
    A big thank you to Annette Clark and the GOSA guys and gals who work in the background.

The explanation.
    A while back my father gave me his mint LIW LM5 (yes, an original Lyttleton Engineering Works one). Had less than 50 shots through it.
    We booked it into dealer stock and the dealer gave me the SAPS 271 and 534 forms.
    I duly took the app, motivation and supporting docs to my DFO to hand in the app.
    But here lies the problem. The DFO could not find the serial number on the system, and therefore would not accept the app until CFR adds the serial number.
    After this followed a long process of getting a gunsmith report, copies of the old license, etc. Annette sent through all of this and to my surprise CFR agreed to fix the issue. This happened at the end of May.
    Then, nothing...
    I phoned CFR call centre and my DFO about every 2 weeks to have them check the system. Nothing. I stopped by my DFO about 2 weeks ago, still nothing.
    In the mean time Annette kept sending enquiries to CFR, with CFR promising to get it done.
    So this morning I took a chance and phoned the CFR call centre. The line quality was crap and I was not expecting much, so imagine my surprise when the agent confirmed that he can see the make, model, serial number and other details of the LM5. I was overjoyed!
    I phoned my DFO to confirm as well (just in case), and she also saw the info.

The only problem was that it seems the transfer was not processed, as the license is still on my fathers name, instead of dealer stock. The DFO (and the dealer confirmed this), suggested that it isn't a problem, I should just hand in a copy of the SAPS 534 form together with my license application and everything will be fine.

So now my question:
    Who here has had an issue with a firearm not being transferred to dealer stock on the SAPS system, while the firearm was physically in dealer stock?

How did you solve it? Can I just hand in a copy of the SAPS 534 together with my license app?

User

Default Re: A thank you and a question

If i recall correctly. I handed in the SAPS 534 with my 10/22 app when it was booked in with Tactical22. No problems with the CFR. Licence came through very quickly with no problems.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk