User

Default 2 Police Officers shot dead in FL.

Two cops shot dead in Florida by a piece of shit whose name I won't say. My condolences to all his brothers and sisters, including Miami_JBT.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-polic...-pennsylvania/

What I love is that Gov. Scott has reassigned the case to a prosecutor that will consider the death penalty. It's not the first time from what I read. He has reassigned other potential death penalty cases from prosecutor Aramis Ayala, a Democrat .......who has claimed she will never seek the death penalty. She of course is suing.

Meantime.....police officers shot ITLOD is up 52% and ambush style killings are up 167%.

Fuck BLM and fuck Antifa.

Default Re: 2 Police Officers shot dead in FL.

Bad. RIP to the officers.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Bad news. I side with the cops in the states. Pisses me off to read they are also sneaking around in the night and taking the confederate statues down.

User

R.I.P
    My thought and prayers go out to their friends and family.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    Two cops shot dead in Florida by a piece of shit whose name I won't say. My condolences to all his brothers and sisters, including Miami_JBT.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-polic...-pennsylvania/

What I love is that Gov. Scott has reassigned the case to a prosecutor that will consider the death penalty. It's not the first time from what I read. He has reassigned other potential death penalty cases from prosecutor Aramis Ayala, a Democrat .......who has claimed she will never seek the death penalty. She of course is suing.

Meantime.....police officers shot ITLOD is up 52% and ambush style killings are up 167%.

Fuck BLM and fuck Antifa.
    WTF? You can't pick and choose the laws you enforce! That's unlawful and unethical. Imagine the outrage if a Republican prosecutor refused to enforce Florida's gun laws.
    This Ayala cow should be disbarred.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    WTF? You can't pick and choose the laws you enforce! That's unlawful and unethical.
    The lawyers on here who understand US law will know better.....but it's my understanding that a prosecutor can decide to either seek the death penalty or not. Because it is so final......dying by lethal injection etc etc I think DP cases must be tried more vigorously and there must be a preponderance of evidence against the accused or he will likely get off with a much lighter sentence. Also, in DP cases....often deals are made. A single accused might escape the DP if he gives evidence that convicts other people involved who were not caught.

It's a complicated thing and as it should be.

In this case though.....(although it never really is-some defense lawyers are very skilled) this case is pretty cut and dried. They have the guy and the only guy. Gov Scott obviously wants to make an example of this.

Ayala on the other hand also points to the expense of DP trials and the long appeals process. Personally I think she is more so trying to be difficult against a Republican Governor. Politics and resistance.