Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: How do you carry your FA License

Quote Originally Posted by Werner747 View Post
    Strictly speaking it should not even be necessary to have your license on you at all times - the Act provides 7 days for you to provide the license if asked for one, however, I would not like to risk that: you would almost certainly not be granted those seven days and go straight into the holding cells lol.

Regards

Werner
    If you can't produce a licence immediately a police officer can keep your FA until you produce it.... At least that is my understanding

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ddeswardt View Post
    If you can't produce a licence immediately a police officer can keep your FA until you produce it.... At least that is my understanding
    That's a terrifying thought in itself...!!!

Tricky one, and I've never heard of a foolproof solution.
    I keep my licence as close to the weapon as possible and also want the card-in-kydex thing.
    If my weapon is in the safe, so is the licence.
    I have a more (hopefully) obvious safe, with some money, my passport and nothing else.
    When I carry, I generally carry my ID, with the licence in the ID book.

A friend of mine had a home invasion a year ago.
    He doesn't have a weapon, but as the first thing he knew about it was when someone smacked him in the jaw and kicked him for five minutes solid as he was going to the kitchen for a beer at dark o'clock, it wouldn't have mattered.
    They searched his wallet, tossing out - after the briefest look - his credit card and bank card. He later guessed they were looking for a licence because immediately after they'd done that, they wanted to know if he had a gun, and weren't too hard to persuade that he didn't have one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4