Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I still don't understand what you mean by springs and firing pin?

The FBI testing is the testing you seem to be asking for? There are snippets of it all around.
    Regarding the springs for the takedown, they are effectively a simpler and potentially more durable design. From a manufacturing point of view they are likely simpler to make. Ie one type of machine and one type of spring to keep in stock.From an ease of manufacturing you can also just make a long spring and cut accordingly. Ease of installation,may even take fractionally less but pure speculation. The firing pin has clearly been strengthened.There are reports of broken firing pins but very rarely.Whether these were necessitated due to design or metalurgy or both I dont know. I am convinced that these are a step forward.That conceded I am intrigued by the actual difference in reliability/durability of these parts.The FBI test itself of which we only have bits of information does not appear to reflect a direct comparison between the gen4 and5.This would potentially enable us to understand the difference in durability of the aforesaid parts. Further such a test might then also reflect whether there are any reliability increases in so far as feeding goes. I ask in that the gen4 and 5 19, appear identical in that department. Perhaps in using your contacts you could try and get us a bit more inside info. It would be truly appreciated.

User

Default Re: Glock Gen 5?

Any idea when the shipment is expected to land/clear customs and be available to retailers? My local retailer said they were told end of Sep (it was mid Sep previously).

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    These are not Glock fans... No Glock fan wants Glock to design a gun that fundamentally is not Glock.

I.E
    I'd be happy if they came out with a new model.. or even a rifle but I honestly think it's a bit absurd to confuse a new model and or direction with a design review.... it's a flippen update, so clearly I must be a fanboi and these others just masquerade as one.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!
    I totally agree.
    As a multiple Glock owner I would drop the brand tomorrow if they changed it to something that isn't like it is.

User

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I totally agree.
    As a multiple Glock owner I would drop the brand tomorrow if they changed it to something that isn't like it is.
    I'm not a Glock Fanboi and won't drop them on the face of them changing things. If the Gen 6 is a hammer fired alloy metal frame I'll judge it on performance before dropping it because it is something different.

I'd like to see the new trigger. It may be the tits. It may even make me trade in my current Glocks for a new one.

But like I have said previously the apparent lack of incorperating design features from previous models that are more or less external modifications to incorperate other external modifications seems.... odd.
    Last edited by Kayback; 23-09-2017 at 07:06. Reason: Ugh. Too early for spelling

User

Default Glock Gen 5?

Fair. Sure, I'd have a look at a new offering, but I like the Glock for what it is, and there are so many hammer fired guns already that I would probably prefer.

Personally all the internal changes seem fair to me and the idea of a more reliable version of a pistol that I have found to be insanely reliable is great.
    I will soon be shooting the heck out of a G17, and I will comment on the performance at that point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    I'm not a Glock Fanboi and won't drop them on the face of them changing things. If the Gen 6 is a hammer fired alloy metal frame I'll judge it on performance before dropping it because it is something different.

I'd like to see the new trigger. It may be the tits. It may even make me trade in my current Glocks for a new one.

But like I have said previously the apparent lack of incorperating design features from previous models that are more or less external modifications to incorperate other external modifications seems.... odd.
    You keep confusing a face lift with a new model.

If you really want an MOS / RTF / what have you, I'm sure they'll make it in gen 5 eventually (depending on how well they do, I mean if there is a demand the numbers will show, right?)..... this is purely a G19 and G17 "base model" upgrade.

It's a fairly simple concept.

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    You keep confusing a face lift with a new model.

If you really want an MOS / RTF / what have you, I'm sure they'll make it in gen 5 eventually (depending on how well they do, I mean if there is a demand the numbers will show, right?)..... this is purely a G19 and G17 "base model" upgrade.

It's a fairly simple concept.

A base model with a flared mag well, which is an after market addition to many Glocks, as are FS and RDS. Without finger grooves, which is also an after market modification for many Glocks.

Look I've already conceeded that we'll probably get MOS and FS later, hopefully on the same platform.

All I'm saying is they went with some modifications and not others, or indeed all of them in one.

It isn't a face lift if they have reworked the internlas and redesigned the control interface and changed the frame. The Gen2 - Gen 3 was a face lift.

It is also a fairly basic concept that baselines can be improved overall. I realize maybe not everyone needs front serrations or RDS capability. Plastic framed guns were also not needed at one stage.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    A base model with a flared mag well, which is an after market addition to many Glocks, as are FS and RDS. Without finger grooves, which is also an after market modification for many Glocks.

Look I've already conceeded that we'll probably get MOS and FS later, hopefully on the same platform.

All I'm saying is they went with some modifications and not others, or indeed all of them in one.

It isn't a face lift if they have reworked the internlas and redesigned the control interface and changed the frame. The Gen2 - Gen 3 was a face lift.

It is also a fairly basic concept that baselines can be improved overall. I realize maybe not everyone needs front serrations or RDS capability. Plastic framed guns were also not needed at one stage.
    And as I explained previously those things add to the cost of manufacturing which add to the cost of the product. Which makes no sense when 90% of bites won't use them. Hence why they make different models for those who do.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Regarding the springs for the takedown, they are effectively a simpler and potentially more durable design. From a manufacturing point of view they are likely simpler to make. Ie one type of machine and one type of spring to keep in stock.From an ease of manufacturing you can also just make a long spring and cut accordingly. Ease of installation,may even take fractionally less but pure speculation. The firing pin has clearly been strengthened.There are reports of broken firing pins but very rarely.Whether these were necessitated due to design or metalurgy or both I dont know. I am convinced that these are a step forward.That conceded I am intrigued by the actual difference in reliability/durability of these parts.The FBI test itself of which we only have bits of information does not appear to reflect a direct comparison between the gen4 and5.This would potentially enable us to understand the difference in durability of the aforesaid parts. Further such a test might then also reflect whether there are any reliability increases in so far as feeding goes. I ask in that the gen4 and 5 19, appear identical in that department. Perhaps in using your contacts you could try and get us a bit more inside info. It would be truly appreciated.

You know well enough that not all insider info can get posted directly.

Should you choose not to believe me that's up to you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    Any idea when the shipment is expected to land/clear customs and be available to retailers? My local retailer said they were told end of Sep (it was mid Sep previously).
    Welcome to the world of importing firearms.

I hope to have them in hand next week.

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast