Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Proud dad moment...

well done. This is a classic case of doing the right thing. Keep the goal in mind but focus on the process. When you focus on the process and get it right then the end result takes care of itself.
    Flippin awesome. Time spent with the half pints has value immeasurable!!

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    We started with Impala 130gn's, then worked up to 150gn's.. She always does about 15 or 20 .22 rounds at the range before stepping up to the 3006. She had shot 180gn's, but don't like those. The factory Sako Hammerhead has a nice recoil that's manageable and doesn't scare her. On this day she did 3 practice shots grouping 1inch (to the farmers surprise) and thus was ready for the recoil and obviously put the farmers mind at ease..
    Well done on managing that transition! She clearly shoots very well!

Wonderful! Really special times.

User

Excellent, this is a moment you will never forget, and your daughter will always remember you by . Such a special occasion, it really is what life is about, making memories for the times when you are alone. Thank you for sharing, it is always a special occasion....

Wow, I look forward to the time when I can live a similar experience with my girls. They're chomping at the bit to get out into the veldt with me but they're just too young. (They turn eight next Feb) For now its teaching and more teaching. They're shooting the air rifle but not very successfully. But at their age it's not about the shooting just yet, for now it's mainly inculcating a respect for guns and the safety issues that goes with it. I think you laid the blueprint for what I have been planning......training, coaching, some pre-live experiences and when they're old enough and most important "understand" the process and "still want to" do it.....then have the honor of accompanying them on their first hunt. Great job and well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3