Default Accessories for Sig P229?

Dear all,

My SD licence will hopefully be approved within the next couple of weeks at most and I'm now starting to toy around with ideas insofar as holsters and accessories are concerned.

A Surefire XC1 is on the list given the super compact nature of the light as well as the intended use of the said weapon (will naturally also have a couple of torches around the house and in our vehicles), whilst something like a maxpedition fatboy versipack for ensuring all other EDC items are always within close reach at home and in the car is also high up on the list.

Any other recommendations (specifically for AIWB), as well as well as general comments regarding the XC1 and maxpedition bag?

TIA

User

Default Re: Accessories for Sig P229?

Ammo and mags, also a spare parts kit because sig.

User

Good luck with the license.

I've been carrying my 229 in a Daniels custom holster for a couple of years now and I am very happy with it. I'm carrying close to appendix-ish; just off center. Depending on how tall you are chances are that the gun is going to poke into you for the most part of the day especially if you're seated a lot.

No one said edc'ing is comfortable.

I've used a Ross leather holster, a sticky and a QC and of all of them the Daniels is the only holster that I still have in my supplies.

As for torches, I initially started out with the Nextorch WML but ended up getting an APL a while later. The APL seems to be better constructed. Pretty sure one of the custom holster makers will be able to sort you out with a holster to accommodate the light.

As for spares, in the past I have bought mags from DSG, Tactical 22, Zimbi and 480BC. I brought in spares via Brownell's a couple of years back so didn't really look around too hard for them here. I picked up a couple of spares kits from BA; just in case.

I'm very happy with my 229. They seem to like being run wet. I give it a squirt of Ballistol every once in a while. Also make sure you run full power ammo in the beginning. The recoil spring is super stiff and added with the heavy slide you may run into FTE issues with softer reloads.

ETA: My daily belt is the Daniels Cobra Duty belt. It's nice and thick and has retained its shape well. In fact considering that I use the belt every single day it is in exceptionally good condition.

As for bags, check out some of the threads/posts by pdh and Mr Medic. You'll find good information from them.

User

Geoff Carter for AIWB holster.
    Not only is he a gentleman- his work is superb.
    As good and better than kydex holsters you can get from the US.

And no - I'm not sponsored by Geoff!

Good luck with the license.

Need a few more mags, a spares kit, with regards to holsters there are many local guys that make fantastic kit. the Surefire light is really nice but i wouldnt personally spend that much on a WML, nextorch and streamlight make excellent WML's. Just my 2C

Thank you for the answers to date, much appreciated.

User

The XC1 is an outstanding unit and none of the Chinese stuff comes close, sorry not sorry.

Many reviews of XC1 vs APLc, would be worth looking into.

XC1 is great option. Also look at the Viridian range