Thread: Getting started

User

Default Getting started

I am looking for help to get started, after doing research I have narrowed it down that SADPA / IPDA would be the best place to start.

Searching for clubs in the JHB north region, would love to come and watch and or shoot a round if possible.

User

Default Re: Getting started

Most of the clubs in Johannesburg are central and South. Tackshac hosts one very Thursday at Cecil Payne shooting range. They start at 07:30, so you can see a bit before you are off to work. Rooikraal is on Facebook and they announce their shoots there.

You can also go to the SADPA page for a list of all clubs and shoots that happen there.

The next handgun league is on the 23 of September, at the Eeufees range in Pretoria. Also worth watching.

User

JDPC has a club shoot on this coming Saturday. They also use the Cecil Payne/JMPD range in Roodepoort.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

User

noost, not really clubs in the north of Johannesburg. All the useful space there is taken by houses and commercial buildings.

Off the top of my head, your closest clubs would be JDPC and Tac-SHAC DPC, both operating from Cecil Payne shooting range south of Roodepoort, Rooikraal Shooting Club a bit further afield at the Rooikraal Shooting Range or CDPC and MDC, operating from the Eeufees military shooting range near the Voortrekker Monument. While none of these are in northern Johannesburg, they're all easily accessible, being close to major highways.

Detailed directions to ranges, event calendar and club contact detail on the SADPA website: www.sadpa.co.za

Enjoy!