Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: 404 jeffrey or 416 rigby

Quote Originally Posted by carlp View Post
    416. Good pre loved specimens can be found in the CZ variety between R15k and R20k.

If you own these .4 cartridges, you realy have to reload, becoming proficient on factory ammo can be expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I have a new CZ 550 Lux for R24300.00

I also have a very nice Rigby Rifle built on a Single Square Bridge action with grade 5 wood for R193000.00 if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Sean Murphy; 05-09-2017 at 14:15.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thinus33 View Post
    Haha Gert I hear you.

Thank you for your input
    Tinus33, you know I am bias when it comes to giving reasons/opinions why a person /hunter should choose between a 404 Jeffery and another caliber rifle. I will always choose the 404 Jeffery since I own one, shoot it frequently, reload for it and ammo/brass/bullets are readily available.
    What ever caliber your brother choose , especially if it is a big bore caliber , he will pay for Sonchem powder, bullets /brass of ammo.
    I really do not know if one caliber is more expensive to own than another caliber since on the long term you accumulate brass, bullets or ammo for every caliber a hunter owns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy View Post
    From a reloading point of view, brass and bullets for 416 Rigby are quite readily available whereas 404 are much less so.

For me it's a no brainer. If you really want something in this caliber range then the 416 is the way to go if you want to be able to get ammo or components easily.

Sean
    Hi Shaun, good to hear from you again. Shaun, ammo/brass/bullets for the 404 Jeffery is readily available. When I bought the 404 Jeffery I had difficulty to obtain brass/bullets. That is why I fire -formed .375 H&H Magnum brass to chamber in my 404 Jeffery. Since then the popularity of the 404 Jeffery increased tremendously. Every hunter wants a 404 Jeffery these days. I think CZ is manufacturing the .423 caliber in a 404 Jeffery . I know about a lot of hunters who owns /wants to own a 404 Jeffery. Johan Greyling build and sold 404 Jeffery rifles as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    Do you reload?
    @Maroelas - Yes he would be reloading

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy View Post
    I have a new CZ 550 Lux for R24300.00

I also have a very nice Rigby Rifle built on a Single Square Bridge action with grade 5 wood for R193000.00 if anyone is interested.
    Thank you Sean. Will convey the message to my brother.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Tinus33, you know I am bias when it comes to giving reasons/opinions why a person /hunter should choose between a 404 Jeffery and another caliber rifle. I will always choose the 404 Jeffery since I own one, shoot it frequently, reload for it and ammo/brass/bullets are readily available.
    What ever caliber your brother choose , especially if it is a big bore caliber , he will pay for Sonchem powder, bullets /brass of ammo.
    I really do not know if one caliber is more expensive to own than another caliber since on the long term you accumulate brass, bullets or ammo for every caliber a hunter owns.
    Gert, no problem. I think every person will promote the calibre what they like or prefer and know. All the advice so far has opened my mind a lot regarding both the calibre`s.
    Reloading is the best way to go I believe to ensure you get exactly what you want. So your point being valid that he will buy Sonchem powder, bullets / brass regardless of the calibre.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thinus33 View Post
    @Maroelas - Yes he would be reloading
    Then the caliber becomes much of a muchness. If he wasn't reloading I would look at ammo availability first and foremost.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3