Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC P09

User

Default EDC P09

Morning Guys,

What is the best way to conceal a CZ P09 as it's big.
    What carry style would you Guys recommend ?

I was leaning towards AIWB ?

Regards
    Tony G

User

Default Re: EDC P09

Honestly? Smaller gun!

Probably not what you want to hear, but smaller is easier for concealing. AIWB is probably marginally better for a big gun, in a decent holster, but even there it is trickier than a small gun. It is also not necessarily ideal if you are just starting out and may have some bad habits.

My motto for EDC is to first get proper training from instructor who does Firearm training.
    Use of a Firearm and Retention skills.

During these training sessions you will get to understand the pros and cons of carrying where and how.
    And you will be able to pick the one best suited to you.

To me if you EDC without at least going for basic training. Is far worst then not EDCing at all.

User

As a P09 owner with a 'boep', AIWB is terrible. 3 O'clock IWB with a good belt, or if clothing allows even OWB. It's big, and heavy, you will need a good belt. Your default Edgars belt will not cope. Add another full magazine without a proper belt and your jeans will want to adopt the style the kids wear with the underwear showing.

I am fortunate, I have a older Star BM which is much smaller and carries comfortably when I can't carry the 09...

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    To me if you EDC without at least going for basic training. Is far worst then not EDCing at all.
    Mindset fail of the year

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Mindset fail of the year
    Not at all. If you dont know how to EDC correct. Nor how to adequately use a firearm in a situation.
    Your way more a risk then anything else. Not to yourself alone but to who ever is around you.

Because you, will be overpowered and disarmed.

Its like all the people who watch Youtube Self Defense methods and then think if they get attacked they will do what they saw online.
    Unfortunately if you did not go for a basic class. Your in for a big surprise when you get pushed into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Mindset fail of the year
    You beat me to it..... ^^^THIS^^^

User

Thanks for the info Guys i have a quite a bit of range time using different hand guns but no actual EDC training as such.
    I am thinking of joining a club next year to beef up my skills.

I don't really have a boep but I do need it to be completely concealed.
    Getting another gun is not an option right now as i have just applied for the P09 for SD 2 months ago it's now in consideration so will be getting a message any day now i hope.

User

And yet there are literally thousands of successful private defense cases yearly in the US in which the person carrying had almost no form of training. Funny that.

Training is of course important, but to it is just silly to say EDC without training is more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Not at all. If you dont know how to EDC correct. Nor how to adequately use a firearm in a situation.
    Your way more a risk then anything else. Not to yourself alone but to who ever is around you.

Because you, will be overpowered and disarmed.

Its like all the people who watch Youtube Self Defense methods and then think if they get attacked they will do what they saw online.
    Unfortunately if you did not go for a basic class. Your in for a big surprise when you get pushed into a corner.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Getting another gun is not an option right now
    Because of funding? I can think of no other reason.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast