Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC P09

User

Default Re: EDC P09

One of the other school members also carry's and when the school found out they said He could leave it in the car of school property, I am not going that route.
    Sins then they have been very strict regarding firearms so i am not taking chances.

This Was our Maintenance Manager and a kid spotted it while he was on a ladder. so this then went viral, From there on the school is a gun free zone.
    It is a Private School so parents play a big roll and this became the talk of the town.

Also entering a property with a firearm that's a gun free zone could get you into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Big heavy guns become safe queen for a reason ... if they are too big and cumbersome for work they will be too big for the milk and eggs drive ... too big and cumbersome for the mall ... etc.

Small snappy guns have their place, comfort and proficiency is learnt and confidence grows through use.

Good luck on your journey.
    + 1 G33 , I agree , enough training makes you used to the snappiness , but a large frame pistol will never become smaller

User

So, to help you with your actual question. What are your personal dimensions?

I am 6'4" 110kg. Slight to fairly prominent boep. I might be biased.

Carry P09 in a kydex holster most of the time on CR Speed belt.

The trick was to set up your holster to have a more pronounced cant. I would then position it in a 2:30 position. The cant would have the grip of the pistol almost at 45 degree angle. It sort of fit snugly next to my belly.

Makes bending no problem. But not easy to carry with a tucked shirt.

Also getting in and sitting in car was much better and less damaging on the seat.

My shirts had less holes than carrying at 3:30 BUT my jeans took a pounding where the end of the barrel touch my jean pant.

Its big and bulky, but the same weight as any standard steel gun.

Carry spare mag appendix / left hand side in leather pouch.

Very good belt, some kydex and fairly loose shirt darker colours.

Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post

The trick was to set up your holster to have a more pronounced cant. I would then position it in a 2:30 position. The cant would have the grip of the pistol almost at 45 degree angle. It sort of fit snugly next to my belly.

Also getting in and sitting in car was much better and less damaging on the seat.

My shirts had less holes than carrying at 3:30 BUT my jeans took a pounding where the end of the barrel touch my jean pant.

Hope it helps

^^^^^I too carry like this (without spear mag though). I carry a S&W sd9ve. My boep is quite a bit bigger and im 130kgs. Carrying like this to work daily for a few years now. No problem bending of getting up from a chair or sitting down. Far better this.

User

You seem very worried about getting into administrative trouble.

I'm very worried about getting into physical trouble.

Thinking 'well at least I still have my cool job' while bleeding out in my driveway was never really high on my agenda.

I'm going to guess the maintenance guy was carrying OWB or poorly IWB with an overshirt, which would explain his problem being up a ladder.

Formal with tuck in AIWB isn't getting found by anything but a pat down or metal detector, especially if the gun is smaller

To the OP
    I think it's best that maybe you meet up with one the experienced guys from GS that are in your area. They will give you good advise face to face.
    I've learnt that a lot of the guys here are full of shit, but for a reason. They set in their ways (not a bad thing), and are very willing to help and teach. I learnt like this when taking offence to some comments on my posts. The biggest things to the GS guys who EDC, is personal and family safety. Hear what these guys are saying and it's not who's wrong or who's right, it's about what best for the responsible person who owns and carries a FA.
    By the way, i too have become 'full of shit' when it comes to things like this in my personal friends group. If you are responsible enough to own a FA, you are aware and responsible to carry without being noticed.
    My job too has a major no gun policy, but i've taken the time to hear these guys and become aware of what im doing and not getting 'made'.

Do yourself a favour dude..... meet with someone here, someone experienced. I have never come across anyone here that is not willing to help.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post

Hope it helps

This info is greatly appreciated thanks.

I am 5'8" 91kg and more or less the same boep. Lol
    I live my life by a certain standards and won't break the rules. That is just the way i am.

I can always try to have them install a safe which i will hand in my firearm on arrival and take on departure. Maybe this is an option.

User

I also bought me a P09 this week, for EDC and range shoot. I'm not daft and realize that a smaller FA like P07 or G19 will conceal much easier, but I cannot see how this will be an issue to conceal.

I have had some (not intensive) EDC and FA handling training and it will be put to good use. I run a Hardware shop and also am part of our local farm-watch reaction unit, so EDC and rapid fire is both priority, also mag size was a deciding factor. I am used to steel pistols so a fully loaded P09 will be no hard wearing EDC for me.

User

You will discover exactly how it can be an issue to conceal.

User

Are you used to steal pistols as in you've conceal carried one every day for years?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast