Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC P09

User

Default Re: EDC P09

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Not at all. If you dont know how to EDC correct. Nor how to adequately use a firearm in a situation.
    Your way more a risk then anything else. Not to yourself alone but to who ever is around you.

Because you, will be overpowered and disarmed.

Its like all the people who watch Youtube Self Defense methods and then think if they get attacked they will do what they saw online.
    Unfortunately if you did not go for a basic class. Your in for a big surprise when you get pushed into a corner.

I am a massive proponent of training. Nonetheless, historically all manner of untrained people have prevailed because they had a gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Because of funding? I can think of no other reason.
    Yes funding is one of them and going through the process again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Yes funding is one of them and going through the process again.
    The process gets easier. Or you get more used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I am a massive proponent of training. Nonetheless, historically all manner of untrained people have prevailed because they had a gun.
    Yes. They can defend themselves without training. And thats why I mentioned its my motto. And not how it should be.
    The odds is much higher to defend yourself correctly when you have training. And you owe yourself and family to put yourself in the best situation to protect yourself and them.
    Without. It gets to 50-50. As most people will panic due to not having training. Some guys wont even know how to draw from concealment. Let alone what to do if theirs a jam. Or they dont carry one up. And they short stroke the slide.
    Inside your house is one thing. Walking in a street and BG's jump you as you get into car or exit building.
    And push you against wall. Changes the odds greatly in their favor if you dont know what to do.
    And when you EDC in public. The odds are much higher the BG's will jump you when you least expect it.
    And you need to know what to do.
    As attacks are never scripted and basic knowledge how to act is s huge benefit.

User

Best is to try out different options really. IWB works with me with a Comp-tac MTAC or some other kind of hybrid holster. I have never been able to get AIWB working, even if I wanted to use it. People's body types differ a lot, so some stuff will work, some stuff won't. I can carry a Glock 17 pretty easily with the comp-tac. Hailstorm imports them.

User

Yes. They can defend themselves without training. And thats why I mentioned its my motto. And not how it should be.
    The odds is much higher to defend yourself correctly when you have training. And you owe yourself and family to put yourself in the best situation to protect yourself and them.
    Without. It gets to 50-50. As most people will panic due to not having training. Some guys wont even know how to draw from concealment. Let alone what to do if theirs a jam. Or they dont carry one up. And they short stroke the slide.
    Inside your house is one thing. Walking in a street and BG's jump you as you get into car or exit building.
    And push you against wall. Changes the odds greatly in their favor if you dont know what to do.
    And when you EDC in public. The odds are much higher the BG's will jump you when you least expect it.
    And you need to know what to do.
    As attacks are never scripted and basic knowledge how to act is s huge benefit.
    So rather just let yourself and your family become a victim

A gun is a force multiplier

User

To me if you EDC without at least going for basic training. Is far worst then not EDCing at all.
    If you dont know how to EDC correct. Nor how to adequately use a firearm in a situation.
    Your way more a risk then anything else. Not to yourself alone but to who ever is around you.

Because you, will be overpowered and disarmed.
    I'd expect something like this from someone with 3 posts, not over 3000 posts.
    Nobody is saying training is not great to have, but carrying a gun with only the legally required proficiency training is still way better than being an unarmed victim. Suggesting otherwise is silly.

To the OP, if you do decide to go for Appendix carry then try find a holster with a wing/claw. Should help keep the large grip tucked into your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    I'd expect something like this from someone with 3 posts, not over 3000 posts.
    Nobody is saying training is not great to have, but carrying a gun with only the legally required proficiency training is still way better than being an unarmed victim. Suggesting otherwise is silly.

To the OP, if you do decide to go for Appendix carry then try find a holster with a wing/claw. Should help keep the large grip tucked into your body.
    My Gran (way before i was born) defended her family in a home invasion attack. My gran dad owned a FA and was shot during the invasion (BTW, he has 25 odd years as a police officer). Thank goodness he did'nt pass away. But anyway, my gran used his gun (1st time for her touching the weapon) and fended off two attackers.

So, someone suggesting that carrying without training is more dangerous....well....I don't know about that

Its only a force multiplier if your able to use it as such.
    There is huge difference between an active shooter who regularly shoots.
    And a person who just did his competency. Fired 10 shots a piece of paper.
    Now walked into shop with a license and starts carrying.
    And cant effectively use it or know what to do.
    This is a problem. And can only be overcome with training.

User

Its only a force multiplier if your able to use it as such.
    There is huge difference between an active shooter who regularly shoots.
    And a person who just did his competency. Fired 10 shots a piece of paper.
    Now walked into shop with a license and starts carrying.
    And cant effectively use it or know what to do.
    This is a problem. And can only be overcome with training.
    The first dude is better off than the second one.
    The second dude is better off than the dude with no gun.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast