Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Rhodesian Chest Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    Left is Rhodesian (Selous Scout 1979) and right is RSA (32 Batt 1982) colours. Remember a lot of Rhodesian members joined several RSA units and a spes unit like 2 Batt might wore a different field dress according to the ops they partake in. It was also custom to remove any manufactures labels by both sides to avoid recognition and finger pointing
    Getting off into the weeds a bit here but the colours and to a lesser extent, the pattern, of the Selous Scouts garment to my eyes are not dissimilar to the Soldier 2000 pattern employed by the SANDF.

User

id say looks alot like current issue ZDF camo

User

Sorry, looking more closely at the first imgur photo, the jacket on the left is not porra, it is 32 summer as you said Musgrave, same as the second photo, the left hand jacket.

User

GAZZA, the ZDF camo is exactly the same pattern as the old Rhodesian except that the greens and browns are juxtaposed

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrage View Post
    GAZZA, the ZDF camo is exactly the same pattern as the old Rhodesian except that the greens and browns are juxtaposed
    ah makes sense thanks!

maybe they should've changed the camo and kept economic practices

User

My apologies for the late reply, it's been a very hectic weekend! Thank you all for your input, I've attached a photo of the back of the rig. The suggestion that it is homemade seems quite likely to me.

Michael Thomson, the chest rig would defintely be worth a bit of cash even though its homemade.
    Unfortunately I have to raise some cash at the moment and I'm letting go of a whole bunch of kit, where would be a good place to sell it? I can't put it up here as I don't have enough posts.

User

, the jacket on the left is not porra, it is 32 summer as you said Musgrave,
    If one does some research ( http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=South_Africa ) it is 32 and not Rhodesian. However, the person I got the jacket from was with the Selous scouts (and he wore the jacket during ops) in 1979 and was part of Fireforce Zulu which was a small helicopter attachment if I remember correctly. He was SADF on loan to Rhodesia for a year. So how come he was wearing 32 camo. I dont know, maybe they share the same uniform.

That same person was issued the camo canvas on the right when he was in Angola in 1982 for covering of equipment. According to him it was 32 Batt.

Maybe some ex Rhodesian and 32 Batt members can share more info

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4