Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: BACK UP GUN, anyone carry more than one FA?

I think I'd be more interested in the idea if I had to open carry a service weapon

User

I used to carry two revolvers because I heard that 6 is not enough, and I suck at reloading. I have since upgraded a little bit.

If the extra weight is an issue, but you are still worried about not having the BUG, I recommend making a habit of hanging around with larger EDC'rs who have slower reflexes. That way your full size BUG gun is carried around for you.

User

If I ever get into a situation where I feel my normal EDC to be insufficient, I would prefer to ad a long gun, not another handgun. Even a handgun calibre carbine would make a better backup. And I would call a few armed and trained friends too...

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    If I ever get into a situation where I feel my normal EDC to be insufficient, I would prefer to ad a long gun, not another handgun. Even a handgun calibre carbine would make a better backup. And I would call a few armed and trained friends too...
    Not always an option hey.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    so that situation would go like this

gets out car with ak in hand

"hello sir we are here to quote you"

doesnt get business or gets ambushed on way out of township for said ak haha

BUG would need to be as concealed as my EDC and spare mags

would only be once a month when we get jobs in areas we don't frequent

these areas are fast developing and business is business

User

Glock 19 and Glock 43, then there is the 12.5" Arsenal SLR 107F in the pickup truck

User

picked up minty astra 680 inox .38 yesterday for cheapies

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    If you think 3 is alot ?
    If you live in CPT and have shot pins at least once.
    You should now the guy I talk about.
    Who always carries all the firearms he owns on him. Always. And its well, more then 3.
    An average person will not be able to carry the weight this guy carries around.
    The guy that will be 10kgs lighter once all the extras is taken off? Toys R Us

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    so that situation would go like this

gets out car with ak in hand

"hello sir we are here to quote you"

doesnt get business or gets ambushed on way out of township for said ak haha

BUG would need to be as concealed as my EDC and spare mags

would only be once a month when we get jobs in areas we don't frequent

these areas are fast developing and business is business
    Ehrm... We might need to refer to the sections of the FCA dealing with the "transporting" of FA's first. It says something about being covered and in a suitable container/bag or something.

Then we all know that concealed is better than covered.

If you really do insist on carrying your AK (and not a cheap Chinese copy), then you might want to consider a suitable container that actually hides the content, like a violin case or something similar.

I do get the point why people would carry a small BUG, in addition to their normal EDC gun. What very few people seem to realise, is that when you actually get to the point in a fight where your normal EDC is not good enough anymore, then an even smaller gun with less capacity might just be worse. Except of course if your gun is damaged. Then your shooting hand might likely be injured too, and you might find it helpfull to have an extra gun accessible to your weak hand.

What I was hinting at in my previous post, is that if you feel that you might need more than just your normal EDC gun, then bigger will obviously be better, as long as you can still have it with you. Things like SBR's and compact pistol calibre carbines are quite portable and readily concealable, if you do some effort. I have no problems carring a BXP and a couple of mags in a small backpack. There are several other options too, some more easily executed than others. These may take more time to deploy than a handgun, but they are not primary defensive guns in the first place. The handgun fills that role. You respond to a threat with the handgun, then change to the (better) "backup" as and when conditions allow.

Not everyone will be able to think "outside the box" to the extent of actually making this concept work.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    If you think 3 is alot ?
    If you live in CPT and have shot pins at least once.
    You should now the guy I talk about.
    Who always carries all the firearms he owns on him. Always. And its well, more then 3.
    An average person will not be able to carry the weight this guy carries around.
    Don't mock "Mad Max". He's a good guy that you just might want on your side if trouble comes knocking on your door.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast