Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: BACK UP GUN, anyone carry more than one FA?

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Ehrm... We might need to refer to the sections of the FCA dealing with the "transporting" of FA's first. It says something about being covered and in a suitable container/bag or something.

Then we all know that concealed is better than covered.

If you really do insist on carrying your AK (and not a cheap Chinese copy), then you might want to consider a suitable container that actually hides the content, like a violin case or something similar.

I do get the point why people would carry a small BUG, in addition to their normal EDC gun. What very few people seem to realise, is that when you actually get to the point in a fight where your normal EDC is not good enough anymore, then an even smaller gun with less capacity might just be worse. Except of course if your gun is damaged. Then your shooting hand might likely be injured too, and you might find it helpfull to have an extra gun accessible to your weak hand.

What I was hinting at in my previous post, is that if you feel that you might need more than just your normal EDC gun, then bigger will obviously be better, as long as you can still have it with you. Things like SBR's and compact pistol calibre carbines are quite portable and readily concealable, if you do some effort. I have no problems carring a BXP and a couple of mags in a small backpack. There are several other options too, some more easily executed than others. These may take more time to deploy than a handgun, but they are not primary defensive guns in the first place. The handgun fills that role. You respond to a threat with the handgun, then change to the (better) "backup" as and when conditions allow.

Not everyone will be able to think "outside the box" to the extent of actually making this concept work.

i get what you are saying 100%

my apologies, yes it is a cheap chinese copy ala type 56, same as the ones used in mozam, Uganda, congo, sudan etc etc etc

BXP in a backpack would be excellent! although with reference to the FCA my threat wont be while driving, its when im outside my vehicle in a "clients" home, 1)cant leave the ak in the car, 2) cant carry a bag into my clients home 3) will never deploy fast enough to be of use should i need it

my p07 and three mags should be sufficient, the posts direction was aimed at if these fail or are taken off me

will lug the astra 680 along in the future (once the license comes in)

purely as an in case BUG and wont be carried more than once a month

then again, im 6 foot 9 so maybe a sawn off shotty down the old trouser leg haha

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post

my apologies, yes it is a cheap chinese copy ala type 56, same as the ones used in mozam, Uganda, congo, sudan etc etc etc

BXP in a backpack would be excellent! although with reference to the FCA my threat wont be while driving, its when im outside my vehicle in a "clients" home, 1)cant leave the ak in the car, 2) cant carry a bag into my clients home 3) will never deploy fast enough to be of use should i need it

my p07 and three mags should be sufficient, the posts direction was aimed at if these fail or are taken off me

then again, im 6 foot 9 so maybe a sawn off shotty down the old trouser leg haha
    A slung AK sits nicely under a long coat.

User

With that sawed off shotgun down your pants you'll be real popular with the girls.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Don't mock "Mad Max". He's a good guy that you just might want on your side if trouble comes knocking on your door.
    A very good guy

User

mad max sounds like someone I could be friends with

and get some good info from

User

mad max sounds like someone I could be friends with

and get some good info from
    Incidentally, he is also one of the best RO's I have ever had the pleasure of shooting with, while he was in charge of the range.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5