User

Default Lapping scope rings

Hey guys

Did a quick search and saw a few older topics discussing the subject.

Anyone know of local guys stocking kits? I did a quick google, but only came up with one kit for 1". Looking at Brownells, they have a kit available that has the 1" and 30mm bars in it, and the advertised price is less than the locally available kit, so as much as I would rather support the locals, and understand that the sticker price is not what I will ultimately be paying in the end, it is quite tempting...

I presume it should not be a hard job to do if one as a modicum of mechanical knowledge?

Cheers!

User

Default Re: Lapping scope rings

How many sets of rings do you want to do? Is it worth the cost? Not cheaper to have a gunsmith do it?

User

Calling Dick...

Dick has written a book on this subject.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    How many sets of rings do you want to do? Is it worth the cost? Not cheaper to have a gunsmith do it?
    Eh, I think this is one of those little things that one does because you *really* want to, and in this case, not that involved, so will like to do it myself. Pride in your work isn't so much of a thing out there any more, so I'll like to give it a bash.

Short answer to it though, might end up doing a few scopes as time goes on... We all have that whishlist ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Calling Dick...

Dick has written a book on this subject.
    I did see mention of this in the older threads. Methinks his casting book will make it a good bundle to buy...