Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    User

Default Re: Advantage of +P+ ammo

I just want to make another comment specifically regarding the 127 +P+ Rangers: they aren't the firebreathing dragons we seem to make them out to be. At a time when I couldn't find 147gr Rangers, I happily bought, tested and carried the 127s in all my pistols, including my Shield. Part of my function testing includes a weak-hand only, compromised grip (literally letting the gun float between my thumb and middle finger, just keeping it stable enough that I can squeeze the trigger. While the recoil is snappy, even on the Shield this test wasn't much of an event, and all the holes appeared where they were supposed to. I never got the idea that the gun wanted to jump out of my hand, or couldn't get it back on target. So while the ammo with heavier bullets are my carry rounds of choice, I'll very happily carry and shoot the 127 +P+ Rangers in any of my guns.

User

Thanks Pirate. That's comforting because I am in the same boat.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I just want to make another comment specifically regarding the 127 +P+ Rangers: they aren't the firebreathing dragons we seem to make them out to be. At a time when I couldn't find 147gr Rangers, I happily bought, tested and carried the 127s in all my pistols, including my Shield. Part of my function testing includes a weak-hand only, compromised grip (literally letting the gun float between my thumb and middle finger, just keeping it stable enough that I can squeeze the trigger. While the recoil is snappy, even on the Shield this test wasn't much of an event, and all the holes appeared where they were supposed to. I never got the idea that the gun wanted to jump out of my hand, or couldn't get it back on target. So while the ammo with heavier bullets are my carry rounds of choice, I'll very happily carry and shoot the 127 +P+ Rangers in any of my guns.
    I suppose we all perceive recoil differently? I carried them for 2 years before changing to HST 124gr, and while it's no fire breathing dragon, I could shoot the standard pressure rounds noticably better especially weak hand.. I gave my remaining box to a lady who shoots a G26 and she found them too hot before changing to 147gr Rangers. I shot the 127gr in aG43, personally I would prefer standard pressure or 147s from the smaller guns.

I once wanted to fire out a mag of 147gr HST. I accidentally inserted a mag with 127gr +P+, unknowingly. I shot the mag thinking that the HST recoils a bit more than I remember, before figuring out my mistake.

It really wasn’t too much, just a bit more noticeable.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I once wanted to fire out a mag of 147gr HST. I accidentally inserted a mag with 127gr +P+, unknowingly. I shot the mag thinking that the HST recoils a bit more than I remember, before figuring out my mistake.

It really wasn’t too much, just a bit more noticeable.
    I fired my reloads and then accidentally loaded the 127s and fired away... I remember thinking geez! This is a hawt mag.

That's about it.

And before anyone goes on the 'maybe you're just stoopid rant, I know of more people who have suffered the same fate.
    Half this shit is in our head!

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Daniel, I agree completely, I prefer standard pressure 147gr ammo from the smaller guns. But if I don't have access to them and do have access to the 127s, I'm happy to carry and shoot the 127s, even in the small guns.

The reason for my previous post is because I'm worried we paint such a harsh picture of these rounds that someone who is in need of good SD ammo will decide not to buy these rounds, which are good, generally available and affordable.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8