Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Saiga12 mags wanted or drum mag anyone?????

Sorry for barging in like this, seeing that I am new to the site. Does this AK/Saiga discussion include the saiga shotgun aswell,if so, could anyone pleeezzze tell me where I can buy some saiga12 semiauto shotgun mags.Thanks for helping. Quentin

User

Default Re: Saiga12 mags wanted or drum mag anyone?????

Spartan Arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a headsup - make sure you get the mag for your shotgun as you get 2 types of saiga mags, one rocks in (AK style) and the other just clips straight in (AR style). Most of the aftermarket mags that you'll find (although not necessarily in SA) are the rock in type so if you need the other, check first.

mozee, thanks for that info, will definately contact them on Mon.

Hi Beefcake, my saiga does have a magwell so I dont think the normal AK type mag(rock and lock) will work, but thanks for the headsup.This is the reason why I joined the forum, good info.Tanks Quentin

User

Apparently the rock-in Saiga mags can be modified to work on the straight pull Saiga, apparently....

Correct, I've done it. Just the last round hold-open function doesn't work with the modified rock-in mags.

Hi guy's, can you maybe load some photo's where the mag must be modified,and if possible where I can buy some in ZA.Thanks Quentin

User

Quote Originally Posted by SHILOH View Post
    Hi guy's, can you maybe load some photo's where the mag must be modified,and if possible where I can buy some in ZA.Thanks Quentin
    Have you called Spartan yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SHILOH View Post
    Hi Quentin, I can upload some pics next week if you like, but I basically just filed until the mag lip looked somewhat similar to the mags that came with the Saiga 12. I wasn't very accurate at it either, used an angle grinder to get the main lip filed down and then filed a bit by hand until it slid into the magwell easy enough. I ordered online from Brownells.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast