Question Synthetic/Polymer Ammo

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the site, so please be gentle. My name is marcel from Durban. Just got a brand new Glock 19 for SD. Ive been phoning around for carry ammo and i keep hearing that theres some sort of 9mm shortage? Ive read of a police station in SA having to withdraw its field officers because of this.

In any case, Ive purchased some ammo for plinking from Southern Sky Operations. Its reloaded ammo by KZN Ammunition and looks like a polymer head in a brass jacket. Does anybody know about this type of ammo or had any experience with it? Comes in at R3.42 per round.

User

Default Re: Synthetic/Polymer Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_0422 View Post
    Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the site, so please be gentle. My name is marcel from Durban. Just got a brand new Glock 19 for SD. Ive been phoning around for carry ammo and i keep hearing that theres some sort of 9mm shortage? Ive read of a police station in SA having to withdraw its field officers because of this.

In any case, Ive purchased some ammo for plinking from Southern Sky Operations. Its reloaded ammo by KZN Ammunition and looks like a polymer head in a brass jacket. Does anybody know about this type of ammo or had any experience with it? Comes in at R3.42 per round.
    Care to show us a picture of it?

Also, post a thread in http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/foru...-Introductions to say Hi to everyone and let us know your background. As instructed in the email you received.

User

Dont shoot other peoples reloads.

Unfortunately didnt take one. But ill take and post one later today. The guy at the gun shop said it was fine

Thanks! I just did

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Dont shoot other peoples reloads.
    I am fully in support of that. But is it not fine to shoot factory reloads? Apparently KZN Ammunition has a factory in Waterfall and they supply shops in durban

User

If by factory they mean they have a corner of a wharehouse and a dude on a Dillion reloader then yes totally factoryness.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_0422 View Post
    The guy at the gun shop said it was fine
    Any sales person will tell you what ever they sell in shop is fine. Not saying this ammo isnt.
    Just saying if sales person tells you the stuff they are selling is below par or crappy. His boss might put him on permanent unpaid vacation.

It is just a coating on the lead bullet,serves the same purpose as copper jacket for this purpose.