Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Shotgun safety button placement

Fumbles the Ruger 44 carbine and my Smith 29 or 629 are ideal field combinations.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Fumbles the Ruger 44 carbine and my Smith 29 or 629 are ideal field combinations.
    Yeah Buddy!! If were to go that route I might take my Ruger Super Blackhawk along with the .44 Mag Carbine. Like the idea of double action more....but that's what I have right now.

Man, The Model 29 is such the iconic, beautiful, perfect example of form, function, fit and finish. Between that and the Colt Python...I believe they are perfect handguns. I have neither, but even today...evertime I see one, I just gaze in wonderment.

User

Fumbles...the Smith 29 is proberbly the ugliest chunk of metal ever made.It seriously looks like an overgrown Taurus mod.85 snubbie. There are no appealing lines or shape to its design.It is well finished and has a good bluing job and it functions well but being beautiful? No freaking way.

The Python is beautiful...with a 6 inch barrel...the other barrel lenghs stuff it up.

The ruger redhawk was made to be strong.full stop. The by product of this resulted in a handgun with a rugged,brutal and distinctive look that totally overshadows the effeminate wishy washy profile of the Smith 29.

The Ruger Super Blackhawk...7 and a half to 10 inch barrel...now that is one good looking revolver.That is a thing of beauty.

I think that living on the wrong side of the ocean has made you a bit weird

Anyway sorry for the hi jack

User

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Yes it is!! You know this is true by the fact some people think the Chiappa Rhino is a beautiful revolver.

Mod.29 ugly? No way!

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Mossberg does it better, behind the grip under your thumb. same thing for left handed and right handed shooters.
    Except that afaik there are reports of issues with some Mossberg tang safeties and the longevity of the system.

I am not aware of any issues with the Benelli or Beretta cross bolt safeties button systems.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Except that afaik there are reports of issues with some Mossberg tang safeties and the longevity of the system.

I am not aware of any issues with the Benelli or Beretta cross bolt safeties button systems.
    There are indeed. On the plain vanilla 500's the safety tab is made of plastic (Held on to the metal inside part with a screw). Similar to making a revolver cylinder release tab from plastic. If bumped/struck/ dropped hard enough the plastic thumb pad can break.

But oversize metal safety tabs are available, or one could just make your own. A friend of mine bought a Mossberg with a cracked safety tab. He made another "more tactical" one with a drill press, a file and a hacksaw.

On the Special Purpose 590's the tab is steel. The design is good. The material it is made of on the 500 just isn't the best. But it can be replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2