Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: A Few Things i need to know

I'm on Hoppes no 9, Slip2000 EWL and, something that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet, Eezox for protection of the metal parts.

User

You forgot to ask what you need to spend money on next. I'll answer anyway:

1. Training
    2. Practice
    3. A decent belt

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    You forgot to ask what you need to spend money on next. I'll answer anyway:

1. Training
    2. Practice
    3. A decent belt
    Winner! The belt is a crucial aspect in EDC'ing. The wrong one will make you hate your life.

I'm a Ballistol believer. I use it for cleaning along with Trisol and as a general lubricant.

User

Hi Guys,

Took my new Cz p09 to the range yesterday, On my first mag round 11 i had a FTE and the gun competently jammed in such a way that the slide was stuck half way I could not remove the magazine as it was trying to feed the next round. So i pulled back the slide and pushed the round back in to the magazine through ejector port, Removed the magazine but the slide was still stuck, after trying to rack the slide a few times the firearm re turned to normal firing possession, Then I had to field strip the firearm to remove the empty casing from the barrel. has any one ever had a Jam this bad ?

The other 40 rounds fired fine.

I was reading that the Maxx Tech ammo is garbage and has FTE often, What are your thoughts on this ammo guys ? Maxx Tech 115gr steel case
    What range ammo would you guys recommend ?

I got my self Remington golden saber 9 mm 147 grain BJHP for self defense. Cost me R550 for 20 rounds, they where out of stock on the Ranger T's
    Regards

Tony G

User

Tony, I would not trust any "reloaded" ammo in my gun, except those I load myself. If you are going to buy new to practice, buy S&B or Winchester White Box. It's expensive, but it works. Don't throw away the brass. I don't know Maxx Tech?

User

Thanks i will try the s&b.

The Maxx Tech is not reloaded ammo.
    Regards

Tony G

User

New gun. Springs are stiff and need some loosening up. Make sure you clean off the packing grease and lube the gun. Use full power ammo to get everything running smoothly. You can switch out to softer ammo once everything is running nicely.

I think the Maxx Tech comes from Croatia. I prefer S&B myself and it's cheaper.

As for cleaning kits, I have been using RAM products for the last 25 years. Still clean my firearms every time I come back from the range. Also have RAM bore snakes for my rifles for use in the field.

User

I Bought 1x RAM Trisol Triple Action and Hoppe's No. 9 Bench Rest Lubricating Oil with Weatherguard
    also got the army - ant Edc Belt + Daniel defence holster.

how offten do you clean your Barrel ? I only have 50 rounds throung my fitrarm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3