Default Do you need a lisence for various reloading dies and what about ammo?

Scenario:

Say you have a lisence for handguns, can you own reloading dies for say a 303 rifle or may you only own dies for calibres you have a lisence for?

Second scenario:

You have a green lisence for a 9mmp and 7.65
    , but you deactivated the firearms. May you legally still have ammo for them or not? Is the lisence still valid or not? Did it gey cancelled as a result of the deactivation?

Also, are you allowed to freely display the deactivated firearms on the wall?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Do you need a lisence for various reloading dies and what about ammo?

What components of a cartridge may you have? Can one disassemble a cartridge that you dont have a lisence for and keep the brass and bullet, disposing of the powder and primer?

Default Re: Do you need a lisence for various reloading dies and what about ammo?

You can own the dies for other calibers.

You may not have ammunition for which you dont have a valid license.
    If you had a firearm deactivated. Then your license would have been cancelled.
    So you cant have the ammo in your possession anymore.

Remember you cant deactivate a firearm. There is a whole procedure that has to be followed. And it must be done by a gunsmith.

Once deactivated. You can display it on wall if you want too.

User

You must have a valid license capable of safely discharging any live ammunition in your possession.
    The CFR defines ammunition as a primer or complete cartridge.

‘‘cartridge’’ means a complete object consisting of a cartridge case, primer,
    propellant and bullet;

Reloading dies is not ammunition.
    An empty un-primed case is not ammunition.
    A bullet is not defined as ammunition.

Yes you may own dies for any firearm regardless of whether you don't or do have a license for that caliber. If you do not have a license for a specific caliber you may have the brass with a fired primer/ no primer in the brass and the bullet (projectile) may also be in your possession aslong as it is not a completed cartridge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Proficiency study material... It's a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Proficiency study material... It's a thing.
    I know, but prefer to confirm my understanding of it hence rather ask than assume.

Thank you for confirming the way I understood it. As you all know what the FCA says Vs the stuff you hear from cops & DFO'S conflict quite often hence asking here for confirmation.