User

Default Help needed with Hatsan AT44-10

Hi all.

I bought a Hatsan AT 44-10 with a hand pump a couple of years ago and left it in storage for a couple of years.

I am now having a lot of trouble charging it. Does anyone have any tricks, tips or accessories to make my life easier?

Is there anyone in Bfn who can take a look at it?

Thanks in advance

User

Default Re: Help needed with Hatsan AT44-10

You really, barring torn o-rings, only need to strip, clean, lube (I use a silicon based grease) and reassemble it. This is not a huge job, just make A. VERY sure there is no pressure left in the air cylinder and B. you work slowly and methodically.

The hand pump is a complete and utter bitch to service, it needs a special lube and has to be meticulously stripped and cleaned. I wouldn't diy it again, they have become farking expensive to replace if you get it wrong. Send the pump to an expert to attend to or buy a scuba tank and filling station.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    You really, barring torn o-rings, only need to strip, clean, lube (I use a silicon based grease) and reassemble it. This is not a huge job, just make A. VERY sure there is no pressure left in the air cylinder and B. you work slowly and methodically.

The hand pump is a complete and utter bitch to service, it needs a special lube and has to be meticulously stripped and cleaned. I wouldn't diy it again, they have become farking expensive to replace if you get it wrong. Send the pump to an expert to attend to or buy a scuba tank and filling station.
    Thanks Koebelwagen

Do you have any idea of price if I decide to go the scuba tank route?
    Where should I start to shop?

User

You really do need to go the scuba set up route. First check the o rings on the gun though. You're dealing with really high pressure, so best to leave it to the professionals. Do you have a dive shop near you, not sure how common they are in Bloem? You'll need to get the tank refilled professionally fairly often if you shoot regularly. You'll need a fairly large tank and a filling kit. Been a while since I sold my gear, but I reckon the filling kit will set you bag about R1500. Best to buy a second hand scuba tank. You need to make sure it's been inspected. Not sure of the frequency but think it needs a visual every year and a full test every five or something (could be way out here). Go for a 300 bar tank if you can. Will last you many more gun fills.

Filling station to fit on cylinder would set you back between 500-1000.
    You can buy online. I bought one rated at 300bar short while back online for just over 500 shipped.

Cylinder depends on time of year. Diving season they are a bit more.
    But anything from 1000 bargain to around 2000avg.
    I bought 2 X 10L steel 300bars for R2000 each January. Gumtree

Cylinders needs Visual yearly. In CPT area its R70-80 which included fill.
    Hydra test every 3 years. Just under R200 from executive safety who also fills.

Could be more if you live in area which has less scuba activity

User

Quote Originally Posted by sarje View Post
    You really do need to go the scuba set up route. First check the o rings on the gun though. You're dealing with really high pressure, so best to leave it to the professionals. Do you have a dive shop near you, not sure how common they are in Bloem? You'll need to get the tank refilled professionally fairly often if you shoot regularly. You'll need a fairly large tank and a filling kit. Been a while since I sold my gear, but I reckon the filling kit will set you bag about R1500. Best to buy a second hand scuba tank. You need to make sure it's been inspected. Not sure of the frequency but think it needs a visual every year and a full test every five or something (could be way out here). Go for a 300 bar tank if you can. Will last you many more gun fills.
    Thanks Sarje!
    I found a scuba shop in Bloem so they should be able to check and refill.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Filling station to fit on cylinder would set you back between 500-1000.
    You can buy online. I bought one rated at 300bar short while back online for just over 500 shipped.

Cylinder depends on time of year. Diving season they are a bit more.
    But anything from 1000 bargain to around 2000avg.
    I bought 2 X 10L steel 300bars for R2000 each January. Gumtree

Cylinders needs Visual yearly. In CPT area its R70-80 which included fill.
    Hydra test every 3 years. Just under R200 from executive safety who also fills.

Could be more if you live in area which has less scuba activity
    Thanks Shooty!

Can you point me in the direction of a trusted shop for the filling station please?