Thread: Competency

Default Competency

Hi I would like to find out about my competency certificate . Every time I phone C p f there say it's in consideration for the past month and a half . And put me through to some tel no which never ever gets picked upped . Can some please help me get hold of them or if you know someone which can help . I will appreciate it thanks . My no 0739742526

Banned

Default Re: Competency

"Patience, my dear Watson".

It takes time, you simply have to wait it out.

User

Hi Shiro. I am awaiting for my competency certificate as well.

There is a national firearm call centre you can call to find out updates @ 012 353 6111.

I called them yesterday and they said to me, it is still in the province and hasnt left yet, this has been a month already.

So I called the police station to which I handed my comp in, spoke to the DFO in charge, and she looked on the system and said that all the comps are leaving this week for Pretoria.

It looks as if, they wait for a pile of these comp applications, and when a designated individual travels to pretoria they travel along with him or her.

Rather call your local station, be friendly, dont piss off your DFO and ask politely for an update.

Hope this helps.

User

Hi Guys

Just a question i just done my training and busy completing the competency form with additional documents. Do i need the motivation at this stage? If i understand correctly theres the reference letters from 3 people and the motivation.

No need for motivation. 3 people's names and numbers are enough but every DFO seems to make there own rules so just ask your DFO. One station I had to have 3 people write testemonials and at the next station names and numbers were enough.

User

Quote Originally Posted by svanzyl308 View Post
    No need for motivation. 3 people's names and numbers are enough but every DFO seems to make there own rules so just ask your DFO. One station I had to have 3 people write testemonials and at the next station names and numbers were enough.
    Some required an in person interview.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!